December 31th

I look at myself in the mirror and fake smile. Both of the dressers who came to get me ready, look at me in satisfaction.

   "I look beautiful, thank you."

   They nod.

   "Is she ready?"

   I turn around and see my mum walking it. She looks at me with teary eyes.

   "Y-you look so beautiful. All grown up. I'm so proud of you, " she says and hugs me.

   A tears rolls down my eyes and and she quickly dabs it with her handkerchief.

   "No crying until the ceremony." I nod and take her hanky.

   I dab her tears and she kisses my cheeks.

   "I'm gonna leave now. See you there baby. You got this."

   I nod and sit on the bed. The dressers help me put on my shoes. Then they adjust my vail. I hear footsteps. I look up and see my dad walking in. I stand up and cling onto him.

   "Daddddd, " I cry.

   "Shhhh baby. Today is your day. Don't cry. Everything will be okay. I promise."

   I pull away and he wipes my cheeks.

   "Now my beautiful baby girl shouldn't be seen crying on her big day."

   I fake a smile.

   "I'm so proud of you."

   "You are?"

   "Of course I am. Look at you. You are my beautiful girl. I love you so much." I cling onto him and whisper, "Thanks. It means a lot."

   "Okay now let's get you to Shaun."

   Both the dressers help in holding my trail and helping me into the car. I sit behind and they give me the banquet.

   This is it. I'm gonna get married.

***

   We've been driving for half an hour and I realize we aren't going in the route to the church.

   "Dad? Why are we going this way?"

   "Oh that's side has traffic." I nod.

    After a while I see a familiar building on the other side.

   "Dad... Why are we come to the airport?"

   "Because you got a flight to catch."

   I gasp in shock.

   "Dad, what do you mean?"

   "Shhh hold the thought."

   He parks the car and gets down. He opens the door and helps me out. He opens the car trunk and pulls out my suitcases. He grabs my hand bag and slings it on him. I remember my mum making me pack it last night since I'll be going to Shaun's after the wedding. He hold my hand and takes me into the airport. I see Jaylyn in a jeans and blouse instead of her bridsmaid dress. Beside her Shaun is standing all dressed up unlike her. Only he isn't wearing his coat. I look at my dad and back at them.

   What is happening?

   "Why are we here instead of the wedding?"

   "There isn't gonna be one," Shaun says.

   "What!"

   "Jay told me everything Chels. Early morning she came knocking at my door and told me everything. You could have told me you don't like boys."