7. Her Determination

As he shut the door, Sameer sat down on the floor. This is what he had been fearing. How much would he avoid her? And how would he persuade her to still give their relationship a chance? He remembered his aunt's message about the need of a child for a long lasting relationship. But was he really ready for it? Would he ever be ready for it? He wiped his tears and washed his face. Coming out of the washroom, he noticed Aahana had zoned out. He clenched his fists and walked towards her. "Aahana," he called out. She came out of her reverie and looked at him. "You sleep on the bed here. I will sleep in the living room. Don't worry okay." Sameer moved to the living area and Aahana was left alone with her thoughts. 

"How could you hide this from me? And how dare you suggest that I should adjust with this truth? No, Sameer Kapoor, no. I am going. You will get the divorce notice soon," saying so, Aahana left Sameer alone. He ran after her, "No Aahana. You cannot leave me alone. You cannot divorce me. I will die." His words were unheard as Aahana had already left.

Sameer woke up with a start. This dream could not come true or his whole life would be destroyed. No, Aahana should never know the truth. He curled himself into a ball and cried himself to sleep.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

The trip to Thailand proved to be inutile for the couple. They had explored the country as much as they could but had not moved any further with their relationship. Sameer continued to maintain his distance while Aahana had gone silent. She did not make any further attempt after the rejection she faced on the first night. 

Sameer looked at a sleeping Aahana. Her silence for the entire week was frightening him. It seemed to him as if a storm was waiting for him back in Delhi. What is in her heart and how should I know about it? Argh where am I stuck? Sameer closed his eyes and waited for the flight to reach Delhi.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

The couple entered the house and were welcomed by their family. "So how was the trip?" Ram, Sameer's father, enquired. Aahana looked at Sameer and sensed his nervousness. She smiled at her father-in-law and replied, "It was really good. We enjoyed ourselves." Sameer looked at her. He was sure that she had not enjoyed herself but still she was lying. "Why?" he asked himself. 

The family, unaware of their relation, were delighted hearing Aahana's reply. "So when should we expect a good news?" Gayatri teased the couple. Aahana looked at Sameer and noticed his body stiffen. She pretended to blush at the question. The family chuckled. 

Aahana and Sameer entered their room. Sameer kept on looking at his legally wedded wife. Why had she lied on his behalf? He wanted to ask her but was unable to do so. Aahana noticed his gaze on her and just smiled in return. Her smile perturbed Sameer. Why was she behaving like this? He decided to spend sometime in the confines of his study.

Aahana settled on the bed as Sameer left the room. She could understand that her actions were confusing him. She wondered if she was doing the right thing. Her mother and her best friend, both had warned her against doing so, at the time of her wedding, but to her it seemed necessary. She thought to herself, "Best of luck Sameer Kapoor. You can run and hide from your wife but how will you avoid Dr Aahana Bansal."

____________________________________

So, how is it? 

What do you think will Dr Aahana Bansal do?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share....

~Purnima