6. Her Feelings

Aahana looked at her husband who was busy driving the car. He had come to her house, approximately an hour ago, and claimed that they should leave soon. His demeanour had been of a frightened young boy. The moment they had finished eating he had announced their departure, apologising to her parents for his behaviour. 

"Is everything okay, Sameer?" Aahana asked tentatively. Sameer cleared his throat and said, "Malini aunty has planned a trip for us to Thailand. It just came as a shock, I mean surprise. So...." Aahana looked at Sameer. He did not look very happy with the idea of the trip. His body was tensed. Why does it seem that he never is with me? Why does it seem like he is hiding something, not just from me but from everyone? 

The car stopped and both of them walked into the house. Everyone was seated in the Hall, as if waiting for them. Malini moved towards Sameer and patted his back. "I can't believe you have grown up so much. See Ram," she said. She pulled both of them to sit with the family and began talking about Sameer's childhood, patting his shoulder lovingly. But to Aahana it seemed as if something was not right.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Aahana looked at her husband who was sitting in a shrink position on his seat. They were in the flight to Bangkok. It had been two days since the announcement of their sudden trip. Sameer has spent these two days completely away from her. He had been either in his office or in his study room. Every time she had tried to strike a conversation, he had stated that he was busy in wrapping up his work for their one week long trip. 

In these two days, Aahana has bonded with his family. His parents were a lovely couple but for some reason his aunt gave her negative vibes. His interactions with his aunt were generally one sided, with Malini doing the talking. Sameer's demeanour became very stiff whenever he was with his aunt. These observations had puzzled Aahana. She did not know how to react.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Aahana looked at her husband who had settled in the living area of their suite and decided to finish the remainder of his office work. She looked at her husband in disbelief. They were supposed to be on their honeymoon. They were supposed to spend their time together but here he was romancing his laptop instead. She turned away and walked inside the bedroom. Taking her necessities with her, she walked into the washroom for a shower.

She looked at the mirror. Am I not attractive? Why wouldn't he look at me? The wife inside wanted to be appreciated. She wanted her husband to notice her, to look at her the way only he can. But her husband was ignorant towards her emotions. Tears rolled down her cheeks. Why is he always running away from me? He wouldn't look at me, wouldn't let me touch him. Why? Just why?

She stepped into the shower and let the water wash away her insecurities. Drying herself properly, she wore her bathing gown and walked into the room. She noticed Sameer's presence in the room. He was rummaging through his suitcase, searching for his nightwear. She walked towards him seductively. Sameer noticed her but showed no emotions. Her confidence wavered and she stopped for a second, which was utilised by Sameer to run into the washroom. 

Aahana kept on staring at the door, behind which her husband was hiding. She sat down on the bed,numerous questions running through her brain, questions which she couldn't voice out, questions which tormented her.

________________________________________

So how is it?

What do you think of Sameer's actions?

What about Aahana?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share....

~Purnima