5. Confusion

Bansal House

Aahana went to her room to freshen up. She sat down on her bed and was thinking about her observations since the night before. She closed her eyes and remembered her husband's face, a face devoid of any emotion. As she was busy thinking about the strangeness, the door of her room opened and entered her best friend Priyanka. 

"Hi darling, how was your first night with your husband?" Priyanka asked as she sat next to Aahana. Aahana shook her head at her question. "You cannot hide anything from me. Tell me I want every detail. How did you guys do it? Did you enjoy? Did you have...." Aahana glared at Priyanka to shut her up. "Have some shame for God's sake. Why am I friends with you?" Aahana asked. Priyanka noticed the lack of normalcy in Aahana's voice and asked, "Is everything alright?

Aahana sighed. "I don't know, Priya. Everything feels so strange." "It will feel strange, Aahu. You just got married yesterday." Aahana shook her head, "I am not talking about that, Priya. Sameer feels strange." Priya looked at her friend. "Every time I see him, I find him expressionless. Even during the wedding rituals, he seemed unaware of what is happening around him. He tells me he has no friends. And the way he was eating today, it seems like he wants to run away. He seems mysterious, like a meek child in front of his family. His family doesn't even notice. And when I touched him today, he almost screamed.

"Aahu, your husband is a terror among his employees," Priyanka said. "How do you know?" asked Aahana. "Karan," Priyanka said. Aahana huffed, "I am not asking the name of your boyfriend. I am asking how do you know about Sameer's image in his office." Priyanka glared and said, "Isn't it obvious that Karan told me? His cousin is Sameer's secretary. According to her, Sameer is made of wrath." Aahana frowned. What she had seen and what she was hearing were two different things. How to know what was the truth?

Priyanka placed her hand on Aahana's shoulder. "Give everything time to settle down, Aahu. Not even a day has passed. Everything will be fine." Aahana nodded and the friends began talking about everything and nothing.

Kapoor Mills

Sameer was sitting and staring at his office door since the time his aunt had left. The door opened and a frightened Naina came inside. Jaws clenched together, Sameer raised his eyebrows. Naina gulped and gave him an envelope. "Sir, Malini mam left this for you. She wanted me to give this to you half an hour after she left. " Naina rushed outside. Sameer opened the envelope. It had a written note and two tickets to Thailand. 

Sameer, you know how much I love you. So I have decided that you deserve a small vacation with your beautiful wife. Enjoy the trip to Thailand and remember not to tell her anything. Love, from Malini.

Sameer looked at the note and the tickets. He clenched his hands. He did not want this. He did not want the marriage. He does not want the so-called honeymoon. What will I tell Aahana over there? I cannot do this to her. Should I tell her the truth? No...she will never believe me. And even if she does, she will tell everyone and...no I cannot believe anyone with my secret. But what will happen in Thailand. He clenched his hair in confusion.