Extra [pt. 2]

To say Jake was antsy was an understatement.

The mating ritual had just finished, and Jake was still buzzing from the feeling. He had suspected it would feel something like this, but not to this extent: he felt incredibly warm and happy and restless. The moment he held Aiden's hand and their blood mixed together was beyond amazing, and now his wolf wanted his mate. Sensing this, Aiden had put back his silver necklace with a maroon stone that made his wolf stay hidden, and in a way Jake was thankful. No matter how much he wanted to mate with him, first he wanted to get to know him better.

Now here they were, walking hand in hand towards Jake's house in silence.

Jake remembered his mate had explained to him he needed to be invited in order to be able to cross the threshold of a house. There were so many things he needed to learn at vampires and hybrids, and so many prejudices to unlearn-

"Nervous?" Aiden asked, breaking the quietness. His voice was soft and deep, and made Jake shiver.

"A bit," he said, frankly. "A lot has happened in the last few days"

"We don't have to do anything tonight," His mate assured. "I won't be forcing you, Jake"

You cannot force who's already willing, Mate.

"No, I...I want to," He confessed, looking up at Aiden's nearly black eyes. "But I would like to know more about you first"

"Tell you what," Aiden halted suddenly, pulling Jake closer as a result. Oh, the bond's definitely there even if his wolf is hidden. "Let's go for a walk to the forest"

"Uh...I'm not sure how I feel about mating in the forest"

His mate rolled his eyes. "Don't get ahead of yourself. For now, we will take things slow and you can ask me whatever you want," He assured. "We have plenty of time to fuck in the forest"

Jake felt flustered but before he could agree, Aiden was pulling him towards the forest at a speed that was definitely not werewolf.

"Ok, shoot"

As Aiden leisurely lay next to him, watching him closely with those dark eyes of his, Jake took a deep breath. The night was lovely, there wasn't a single cloud covering the stars and the silence made the setting so peaceful nobody would suspect a war had been fought a few days prior. He liked it like that, both of them laying under the stars, bonding, not worrying about anything else other than his mate and their future together. But apart from peace, all that was left from the battle were changes. Lots of them.

The main one being his mate, a hybrid.

A million questions swirled in his head. It wasn't like he didn't know a thing about them; the thing was the things he did know weren't any good, and the last thing he wanted was hurting his mate with insensitive questions.

"C'mon, I won't get mad"

Did he...?

"Wait," Jake squinted. "Can you read my mind?"

Aiden snorted. "I don't need to, your face is pretty transparent when it comes to showing your emotions, baby. I nearly fell off a tree during the mating ritual when I saw the astonished face you made when you saw me"

Jake blushed at both the nickname and his comment. "I didn't actually see you. I just saw a glowing pair of eyes in the middle of a bunch of trees. Anyone would make a funny face seeing that without warning"

"Ah, yeah. That was my true form"

"Your true form?" Jake raised his eyebrows, trying to paint a different picture of him in his head. As far as he remembered, hybrids didn't look that different from werewolves.