Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

Oh God I'll burst.

Jade didn't think she could deal with so many emotions in one day: First, vulnerability for opening up to Donovan. Second, hurt because her own mate couldn't trust her his secret like she had. Third, anger because he tried to coax her into forgiving him with kisses and caresses, as if that would make me forget he doesn't trust me at all. Fourth, despair because he'll never fall in love with me...not as I-as I think I'm falling for him. Fifth, surprise, happiness, relief when she opened the front door, ready to run out to clear her head, and found a surprised and teary Blake standing outside. And sixth, giddiness because of Donovan's damn charm and wonderful lips.

Bipolar doesn't even cover it.

"What's your brilliant plan, Volk?" Donovan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he made himself comfortable on the couch next to her.

Jade slapped his arm. Condescending  jackass. "Be nice"

"Alright," The corner of his lip twitched. Pompous ass. "What's your idea, Volk?"

"With Viola's gems, my appearance will change and I'll be able to cross the border into the pack," Volk explained, pacing in front of the five people sitting on the couch. "After I'm in, I'll compel Hugh to think  Macy is my mate and that I must take her to my pack. Simple as that. Except I don't know what to do with my scent"

"I have perfume for that, don't worry. I think you should take one of the guys with you, just in case" Viola suggested.

"I agree. I'll go with you" Blake offered. Minutes before, he had been given a short summary of the events that happened to the group.

"No" Both his mate and his sister responded in unison.

"Hugh already knows Donovan's and Jake's scents. If he finds not one, but two vaguely familiar scents he'll be suspicious. It's much safer if I go"

"What if the twins go? Your Gamma and Delta?" Jade turned to Donovan, who was frowning thoughtfully at the options.

"I only have one necklace, and I don't know if I can double the effect so it can cover more than two people" Viola said and began to go through her small leather book hurriedly.

"Then we'll do this: We'll divide in two groups. Blake and Volk will go to the border, while Paul and Nate and I watch over in case things get out of control," The Alpha resolved. "Jake, I'll let you in charge of the girls and the pack. Any questions?"

"If it's alright, I'll go get my gems, Alpha" Viola stood and addressed him respectfully. Wow, they really estimate him..

As you should do, Jade. He's your mate but he's also your Alpha, her wolf explained.

"Yes, go Viola. We should be leaving in the early afternoon"

She nodded, and after a quick kiss on her mate's lips she was gone.

"Alright," Donovan sighed. "Jake, please contact Paul and Nate while I discuss a procedure with Volk and Blake"

Jade's brothers went to the kitchen while she sat quietly on the couch, resting her chin on her knees. There was something that wasn't feeling right...Something was going to go wrong, she could feel it. There was a part of her that desperately tried to believe Donovan would make a flawless plan and nobody would be hurt, yet the other part of her reminded her he was also a man that could commit mistakes, and that whatever Fate had planned for them couldn't be stopped by him just like that.

Your concern is normal, Jade. Our mate is concerned about us too, that's why he decided to leave you with his Beta, no less, to take care of you.