WNTTL 9

A week had gone by since I started in this Academy. I didn't expected to have friends I could trust in the first day and so far for now it's great.

My assumptions were easily vanished and the thought of the big city being mean and rude perished. They are all friendly and kind and they are  showing me it everyday here.

"Morning Lori, love your hair always", a boy complemented while smiling charmingly with his friends. I thought where I meet him and remembered that his the captain of the basketball team Trevor Gomez.

I smiled back at him giving a small wave as I made my way through the corridors and to my locker where my friends are now waiting at me waving. I greet back as my smile grew wider.

" Lorelei~",Tori shouts as she jump right back at me, wrapping both her legs at my waist and her arms around my neck and snuggling her face comfortable.

"I miss you Lorelei", she pouted cutely while snuggling more into my neck smelling me which cause me to giggle. She stops to a halt and looked at me then snuggle more now tickling me purposely making me chuckle loudly.

" S-stop it Tori",I chuckled more and I was thankful when she stops tickling me.

We made our way towards our friends, Taylor holding her laughter while Tyler looking at us still confused as ever. Well whose not, I carrying Tori like a baby and she acting like a baby.

Tori explained to me about Vampires and that there are only five only of them left in the Earth. They are now one of the endangered species and will possibly be instinct in coming thousand year/s and it was pretty long for me to say living for it.

Tori was living alone in that mansion where I woke up awake after I lost almost my blood and my body. She made me drink her blood to regain my lost blood and strength and vampire blood can enhanced your strength like Tori said and likewise I feel. I feel two times stronger and powerful than an average human and its still very absorbed to process.

Can you believe I literally lift a sack of rice to test my new found strength on my own without even sweating.

But thinking about it won't change anything and let's say without Tori's blood I would be dead by now even though in the first place she was the one who almost sucked my blood and my life out of me. I giggled at the thought which cause Tori to look at me curiously. I just shrug while putting and getting my things in and out of my locker.

"It still surprise me till now that Tori is now clinging to you for dear life like a baby and you not breaking any sweat in carrying her", Taylor said disbelief in her voice before laughing. I can't still believed either Tay, I thought.

As long as I want to tell Taylor and Tyler the all things that happen without their presence I can't. Tori said supernatural like them would stay hidden in the dark especially they are endangered and I respect that.

" You know I can carry you Lori instead of you carrying that big baby",Tyler flirted and it began since they came back two days after their grandmother's death.

I rolled my eyes at him playfully as Tori scoffed at him.

"Then I would be a big baby Ty", I said to him grinning.

" Yup good point but I won't mind you be—"

"Okay were going to be late so shut up Ty", Tori interrupted now looking at him brows furrowed. Tyler just shrug and smiled.

We made our way to our class separating. The twin on their English Literature and us History.

The day went on pretty uneventful except for Tanya's snickering and dagger glances at me which till confused me, its been going on it since my second day here. The girl must really dislike me or worse hate me and she's not backing now any minute of showing it.

I sighed as I said goodbye to my close friends Sarah and Amy and went to the cafeteria where I saw Tori and the twins waiting for me at the door. I smiled at the thought of them being good friends and waiting at me.

We went inside the cafeteria and immediately greeted by the noise. Even though its pretty much a private school its still looks like a normal cafeteria except for the decorative and gold and silver corridors and the expensive meals which I now became dreaded every lunch.

We sat at our table after we take our ordered lunch and I caught Tanya's piercing hazel eyes before she glared at me and stared away. What is here problem?

We ate our lunch as the usual while talking and laughing about something before a few of Taylor's cheermates arrived as well as Tyler's teammates in football and I known one of Tyler's friend. He smiled at me and I smiled back at him.

Our table became crowded by minute and I'm shocked to say that they're all friendly. I answered their thrown questions at me honestly about my hometown and one of them asked a silly question if how all men there have country accent. And I guess I'm again wrong, Big city is not such a bad place a country girl to be after all.

"Hey Lori", someone spoke beside me and it was Spencer. I greeted him back with a smile.

" Well I'm still sorry for what Tanya said last week Lori",he said apologetically while scratching his nape, his eyes sincere and apologetic.

"Its totally fine by me, don't worry about it Spence and besides its already been a week", I shrug while finishing my sandwich in one bite. I can't just get enough of this sandwich and besides the thought of Tanya calling me a slut did not occur since then. I got more bizarre thing that happened to me in that day.

" And well Lori I want to ask you if you wanna...uhm—",I heard Tori growled beside me as she tightened her grip on my shoulder as she leaned in a minute ago to take a short nap. I pat Tori's head soothingly while looking back at Spencer waiting for what his about to spill.

"Its just you know a—", he was again interrupted by the bell. I heard lazy groans from the students who started to scattered up and walked to their first class this afternoon.

Tori stood up first from the whole table and eagerly drag me out of the cafeteria. I give them a quick goodbye and walked out of the cafeteria after receiving their own goodbyes.

We stopped in our tracks when a girl stood up in front of us with long and smooth-silky wavy golden hair and her mesmerizing and crystal blue eyes, straight small sculptured nose and her luscious pinkish lips.

She must saw me eyeing her beauty cause she smiled charmingly at my way showing her pearly white teeth. She looks out of from a fairy tale. She looks like a princess.

" I've heard lots about you Lorelei West since you started in here last week and rumors are quite true",she exclaimed still smiling and showing her commercial white and straight teeth. I felt Tori grip my hand beside me sending daggers at the girl.

"I've heard rumors about you too Tori Esclafoun and its all good", she looked at the frowned Tori and smiled at her way.

" I'm sorry for my lack of manner, I'm Lauren McKellar its a pleasure to meet the both of you",she introduced herself with her right hand held up. Something was in her voiced like it was I don't know.

I looked at Tori then to Lauren's porcelain, delicate hand and shook it. Her hands so soft. Softer than it look. Tori didn't budge for a while but then shook it firmly.

"Cut to the chase McKellar, what do you want?", Tori asked back to her calm demeanor looking at Lauren right in the eye.

" I just want to be friends "

Her accent was a bit different.