Chapter 7: A Rescue plan

Yuki's POV

Riki's still really upset about Samuru even though its been two months since the incident. He asked some of the people he knew to go on a rescue mission if there was one. Being he and Samuru's friend, I couldn't deny.

Riki's POV

I ran to the WBMA headquarters again. I've been going there close to everyday to work out a rescue plan. "Mr. Takakura, I have a question." I told the old man. "How long will it take for Samuru to recover?"

"Well, that's not an easy question to answer. May I ask why you want to know?" I answered slowly, "I was thinking that if we knew when Samuru can recover then we can time our rescue mission so that his kidnappers can't hold him over our head. If he has already recovered, then his kidnapper won't be able to kill him right?" "Indeed you are right. How about spending today trying to figure it out?" He turns to me for confirmation. I nod.

"I know its not nice, but we'll have to start with the footage we got on that after noon. The image of the stadium appears. Just then, Mr. Shigane enters the room. He has turned down all of the expedition offers he had gotten and came here close to everyday, like me.

Takakura replays the scene and pauses just before the bullet hits Samuru. I wince when I see the two pieces of metal freeze in front of Samuru. Mr. Shigane brings up a chart of Samuru's body.

"Riki, it'll be easier if you use your B daman earpiece to collect data." Takakura asked Rory to bring out the gear. I lightly tapped it and focused it on the screen as Mr. Takakura replayed the video.

"Calculating speed and angle of both targets." The data was sent to Mr. Shigane's screen. Two red lines appeared in the holographic image of Samuru's body.

"According to this, the bullet will lodge itself in his body. If the bullets are removed on time, then it will take three and a half months for the wound to close up and about two more for it to completely recover." Mr. Takakura said.

"So we should plan a rescue mission a month and a half from now." I told myself.