Chapter 6: Reunited

Samuru's POV

Its been roughly a month since I've been in this room and to tell you the truth, I'm getting impatient. About a week ago I started moving around a little. Within a week I could stand and walk around the room with a little difficulty. Now I can do that with ease. The food started arriving on a table that rises from he floor.

But I'm getting bored. Having no one to vent my feelings to is really having an effect on me. In the past I had Dravise, but now I don't even know where he is. In frustration, I kicked the wall, and pain shouted up my body, reminding me I still had to be gentle. Then the floor opened up, reminding me it was almost time to eat. Only this time it brought more than food.

A familiar small figure sat beside my food. "Dravise?" I said hardly able to believe it was really him. "Samuru? Is that really you?" He said as I rushed towards the table. "How are you?" He asked me. "I'm fine." I told him. "Dravise, do you know what time it is?" "Urm... Let me see, about eleven at night. I'm surprised your awake Samuru."

Wait what? But... Man my kidnappers are messing with my sense of time. "How long has it been since I was shot?" "Two months and a day." What? I must've been out longer than I thought I was. This is crazy.

"Samuru I suggest you eat first before asking more questions." Dravise looked at the food. It consisted of rice and potatoes. I quickly devoured it, barely filling my stomach. "You're disgusting where you're hungry." He notes. I almost asked him to shut up out of habit, but I stopped myself. Right now Dravise is the only companion I have in this room and I don't want to annoy him.

"Are you okay Samuru. You usually tell me to be quiet after I make a comment like that. I think being alone here for two months changed you a little." He asks concerned. I start shaking. Now that I have Dravise here, I realise how lonely I've felt. And also how little I know about the world outside this room. I mean, its in the middle of the night, and I'm wide awake. A war might've broken out above ground and I wouldn't even know. "I think I'm going to go crazy if I don't know what's going on Dravise." I told Dravise. "Calm down Samuru. If you want to escape from this prison, I suggest you get a little stronger first. Train yourself up a bit. You're really thin and your wounds haven't fully healed yet. They might never recover for all we know." My heart sank at his last words. A lasting injury to my shoulder might mean that me B daman skills will never be as good as it was. "Look at the bright side Samuru. You were very healthy before this so there might be a chance of full recovery." Dravise comforts me.

I'm so frustrated. Maybe I shouldn't have... Wait. Why am I thinking that I shouldn't have saved Riki? No... I didn't mean it. Did I? "Arghhh!" I yelled as I kicked the wall again. "If you continue making that a habit, I wouldn't bet on a full recovery Samuru." Dravise warns me. "Oh shut up." I tell him. But that warning did its job. I didn't kick the wall again.