Chapter 4: Captured

Samuru's POV

I only remember everything going black with pain pulsing from my gut and my shoulder. The next time I wake up, I see my kidnapper standing over me, holding a scalpel which edge gleamed menacingly. I tried to shout but couldn't move my lips. I realised I had been paralysed. The person presses the edge to my shoulder, adding to the pain I was already feeling, sending me into the darkness again, only this time, the pain followed.

Some time later...

I wake up again, this time in an empty room. I was lying on a bed with a pillow and a thin blanket. Every time I moved my body, I send waves of pain through my entire body. "Where am I?" I wonder out loud. I try to get up, ignoring the pain, and find a restraint around my stomach, which prevents me from properly sitting up.

I turned and had a proper look at my wound for the first time. It was bandaged up with a small blood stain showing. I bite my tongue, willing myself not to puke.

Just then, my stomach growled. Almost immediately, a table rose up in front of me with a meagre meal of bread and butter. I raise my hand to take the bread, noticing there were two tubes inserted. I picked up the bread and bit into it, surprised at how hard it was to move my mouth. And the bread didn't seem to want to go into my stomach either. I took five minutes to finish my... I can't tell what time it is so I don't know what meal I just ate either.

After I drained the cup of water, the table descended under the bed. I felt something cold seep through the tubes on my hand. My vision started to go blurry and I fell unconscious again.

A week later...

They've finally remove the restraint around my stomach and the tubes in my hand, meaning I can move around freely and decide when to fall asleep. Not that I can move around anyway. I started wondering what happened to Dravise. Is he okay? What happened to the gear I was wearing when I got shot? How's Riki gonna react? How's my dad gonna react? Are they gonna come on a rescue mission? And many more.

The meals ussualy come in the same tray, seeing as moving out of my bed seemed out of the question. The quantity is a bit better but the quality...suffice to say that its was no better than my first meal in this place.

I noticed that when I bend to get up, or move my left arm, more blood stain the bandage. It once even got so bad that there was a patch of blood the size of my hand on the bandages. I try not to move my left hand now, but not bending over is a different story. So far, I just pull my purple shirt over it and try not to look.