XVIII.

Chapter Eighteen | Hybrid Central

As we sat down for dinner at Charlie's house

As we sat down for dinner at Charlie's house. "The Denalis have become hybrids too," I told Bella.

Bella gasped, stunned by the news. "Really? What happened?" Bella asked.

"The Cullens told them about it, and they agreed to try it," I explained.

Chaska chimed in, "Grandpa is having way too much fun experimenting with these new hybrid vampires," Chaska sighed.

I nodded. "I warned him not to get carried away, but now he's searching the world for vampires willing to be transformed," I said.

Anxiously, Bella asked, "Do you think this will cause issues with the Volturi?" Bella looked worried that Volturi would come after them for this.

Jacob reassured her, "Don't worry, Bella. The Volturi wouldn't dare challenge Gods," Jacob smiling at Bella.

"Yeah, Mom would annihilate them if they tried anything," Chaska added.

Billy voiced his concern, "I just hope Q'waeti doesn't start messing with other beings."

I tried to ease his worry. "Don't fret, Dad may be acting reckless, but he'll come to his senses," I said, though I doubted my own words.

Billy gently squeezed my hand. "Now that things have finally calmed down, I was wondering if you'd go on a date with me?" he asked.

I smiled. "I'd love to, Billy."

"Great, I'll pick you up at seven tomorrow," he said.

"Seven it is," I confirmed.

The next day, after getting a good night's rest, I awoke feeling excited for my upcoming date with Billy.

Tiffany and Sue came over bright and early, eager to help me get ready. We all piled into Tiffany's car and headed to Port Angeles to go shopping, determined to find the perfect outfit.

We spent the morning bouncing between boutiques, trying on dresses, and giving each other feedback. Finally, at a little store tucked away on a side street, I found the one - a floral sundress with a flirty hem that hit just above my knees.

I paired it with some cute beige flats that complemented the dress nicely. With the outfit complete, we headed back to La Push, ready for hair, makeup, and final preparations.

Back at home, Tiffany and Sue went to work styling my long dark hair into loose curls that cascaded over my shoulders. They did my makeup using neutral earth tones that enhanced my features naturally.

At precisely 7 pm, the doorbell rang and my heart fluttered - Billy was here. I opened the door to find him looking so handsome, holding a beautiful bouquet of wildflowers.

"Thank you," I said as he handed me the flowers.

"You're welcome, you look stunning," he replied, his warm smile making me blush.

After putting the flowers in the vase nearby, we got into Billy's truck and headed out for our date.

When I asked where we were going, he revealed we were having a romantic beachside dinner, planned with help from the boys.

We arrived at the beach to find a cozy table set up with lanterns, and the sound of gentle music in the background.

The food was delicious and the setting was perfect. As we ate and talked, I was reminded of our shared history and the deep connection we forged in our youth.

Staring into Billy's eyes, I saw the same genuine, kind-hearted boy I fell in love with all those years ago.

After everything life has thrown at us, I hoped this could be a new beginning, a chance for us to finally find the happiness we deserved.

When Billy and I returned home from our romantic evening out, we were shocked to find our son Chaska pacing anxiously outside the house.

His usually calm demeanor was replaced with one of nervous energy as he strode back and forth across the porch.

"What's wrong?" I immediately asked, my maternal instincts kicking in. Billy wheeled his chair over the porch steps to get closer to our son. "What is it?" he gently prodded, his brow furrowed in concern.

Chaska explained that more vampires were popping up in the area after hearing the news that my father had begun creating hybrids. This influx of vampires was causing more of the Quileute boys to start phasing into wolves to protect the tribe.

I gasped, horrified to learn that my own father's craze actions were putting our people and family in danger yet again.

"Oh, that father of mine is chaos," I said, shaking my head.

Billy's jaw tightened, anger flashing in his deep brown eyes. "We have to do something," he said resolutely.

I nodded in agreement. It was clear we could not stand idly by - action must be taken for the safety of our tribe.

"It's time to create a new council," I declared.

We would gather the tribal elders and wisest members of the pack and vampires to make decisions that would protect our people during this volatile time.

"I have to go see my father and get him to hold off on creating more hybrids," I said.

My father's reign of chaos would end; we would restore balance and safety to our home once more.