II.

Chapter Two | Charlie, Quil & Harry

"Billy, where are we going?" I asked.

"We're going to cliff dive with my best friends, Charlie, Quil and Harry." Billy answered as he drove his truck to First Beach.

"What is cliff dive?" I asked.

"Just wait and see." Billy answered, grinned widely when I had given him a questioning look as we got out of the truck.

"You finally made it." Charlie said, as Billy and I walk up to the group.

"Everyone, this is Hehewuti." Billy said.

"Hehe...what?" Charlie asked.

"The girl we found in the woods, right?" Harry asked.

"Hello." I answered with a wave.

"You're even more prettier without the blood on your face." Quil said.

"Quil." Charlie said.

"What?" Quil asked.

"Thank you, I think." I said.

"Come on." Billy said.

Billy as he grabbed my hand and suddenly I felt sparks and he tightened his grip on my hand as he tugged me after the others as they hiked up the cliffs. 

There were two drop points and settled on the lower one.  Harry and some of the others wanted to keep going to the top.

But Charlie reminded them that there was a new diver to the group, and that they had all day.

"No, I want to go to the top." I said.

"Are you sure?" Billy asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." I answered.

Harry was the first to go. He let out an excited whoop and charged for the edge of the cliff, jumping off and doing a few flips through the air before diving into the water head first with practiced ease.

Quil and a few others cheered him on when his head broke through the water and he started swimming for the shore.

Charlie went next then Quil and soon it was my turn.

"Ooh! It's my turn." I said to Billy.

Billy just nodded and stepped aside for me to go. "Just make sure to get enough distance from the edge so you don't hit the rocks." He said.

"Okay." I said.

I then took a few steps back from where we were standing and took a running start for the edge and jumped off the cliff. Spinning in the air and diving feet first into the water with a yelp and loud splash.

I took a little longer to come back up than the guys, but then my head broke the surface of the water.

"This is fun!" I exclaimed.