Prologue

"When in doubt, tell the truth. There is nothing more dangerous than a person who has nothing to hide"

Prologue

Murmurs were going around the throne room. Everyone was just as confused as the other of why there had been a meeting called.

This meant one thing: something had to be very wrong. Everyone was so engrossed in their speculations that no one noticed the empty throne.

Q'waeti' sat down in his own throne. He had a stern look as usual. Conversations seemed to slowly begin to cease.

"What is the meaning of this?!" Someone called out.

As conversations started to pick back up.

"SILENCE!" Q'waeti' boomed, smashing his fist into the arm rest on his throne. He had no patience for this today, if he ever had any patience with it to begin with.

Everyone closed their mouths instantly.

"We are here because of that!" Q'waeti' yelled, gesturing to the empty sat that belonged to Hehewuti.

A few gasped as they finally realizing the sat was empty realized that one of their own was absent from their midst.

No one had taken time out of their own selfish thoughts about themselves to notice the empty chair.

"Where is Hehewuti?" Someone called out.

Hehewuti entered the meeting hall with her head down as a few gasped at her.

"Hehewuti, has been conspiring against me and for that I banish her to the mortal world." Q'waeti' said.

"Father, please, I did not conspire against you, you have misunderstood what I was trying to do." Hehewuti said as she dropped to her knees.

"LIES!" Q'waeti' shouted.

"Father." Hehewuti said.

"I'll be sending you to the mortal world to reflect on your bad behavior for conspiring against me, Hehewuti. You will no longer be able to live like an Immortal, until you learn your lesson." Q'waeti' said.

Silence.

Then, with a snap of his fingers, everything went black. Hehewuti was falling, and falling, and falling.

She landed with a heavy thud on the ground as tears clouded her already blackened vision.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked as she looked up to find four boys standing over her.

"No." She answered.