chapter seventeen

// tw: blood \\

todoroki

He's gone.

Memories from four months ago flashed through my mind like the lightning outside flashed through the sky. Izuku had just disappeared and I refused to leave my room—he was gone and I couldn't do anything about it.

I hugged my knees closer to my chest. I was lost, hopelessly trying to figure out what Izuku meant with his note. Just like the last time, I was left alone without anything to do. I didn't know where to look, where to go, or if he even wanted to come back. Maybe he had left on his own accord.

Thunder rumbled overhead and the building shook lightly. The movement managed to bring me out of my head, and I groaned, standing up. I would never find Izuku if I didn't look for him, and that's exactly what I was going to do.

Taking a quick look at myself, I could see that I was still in the same jeans and white shirt from yesterday. I must have fallen asleep in them, but I didn't have time to go to my room and change, so I just slipped on one of Izuku's jackets and my shoes and ran out of his room.

I dashed into the hallway and turned sharply. My first thought was to look downstairs—maybe Izuku had gotten hungry and wanted a snack. That didn't explain the note, but it was a possibility.

Not knowing nor caring how late it was, I raced down the stairs. Immediately, I noticed that the light was on in the kitchen, and I slowed down so I didn't scare whoever was there. A person with shoulder-length brown hair was standing in the corner, staring at her phone with tired eyes.

"Hi, Uraraka," I said quietly.

She jumped and looked at me. "Hey. Did the storm wake you?"

"Yeah. Have you seem Midoriya at all?"

"Deku? Not since last night, why?" She jumped slightly as thunder cracked outside. "Weren't you with him?"

"I was, but he was gone when I woke up. Do you think something bad could have happened—"

"Deku-kun's outside! I'm here though." The voice was giddy and too sweet, bubbling with excitement.

I spun around and Uraraka's eyes grew wide. There, in the flesh, was a blonde, knife-wielding girl: Toga. She held a knife loosely in her hands, twirling it around while she grinned wildly. Her eyes were large and filled with an unquenchable thirst for blood; Uraraka and I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

"Todoroki, get back!" Uraraka yelled, grabbing my shoulder and yanking me towards her as Toga lunged into the kitchen.

"Hey! Come back here!" Toga jumped again, holding her knife up. "It's not very nice to run away from someone!"

Uraraka opened one of the cabinets behind her and grabbed a plate to throw. Toga dodged it and it hit the wall, shattering instantly.

"Ochaco-san!"

Uraraka touched her hands together and she floated up to the ceiling. Toga harrumphed and turned to me, a dangerous glint in her eyes. "Come here, Shoto-kun! Let me stab you!"

Ice shot from my outstretched hand at Toga's feet. She jumped, trying to avoid it, but the cold ice surrounded her feet and stopped her movements. I reached up to help Uraraka from the ceiling as Jiro dashed down the stairs.

"I heard something break, is everything okay?" Jiro asked. "Oh," she added upon seeing the villain stuck to the kitchen floor.

"Let me out!" Toga screamed, trying and failing to move her legs.