chapter ten

todoroki

This is going to be boring.

"Basically, the training fields are closed for the rest of today. You guys have done enough training, anyway, and the fields need maintenance," Mr Aizawa explained. "Just stay at the dorm house and do things kids do. I really don't care what it is as long as you don't destroy the building."

With that, the teacher left, leaving us alone in the common area of the dormitories. I sighed and leaned back against the couch. There go my plans for training tonight.

"What are we going to do now?" Sero asked the room a large.

"I wanted to train," Kirishima said. "Sitting around and doing nothing isn't very manly."

"You extras are too damn loud," Bakugou complained. He was sitting on the couch next to Kirishima and using his shoulder to prop himself up.

Izuku, who was sitting next to me, put his head on my shoulder and yawned. "I'm beat," he admitted. "I forgot how hard school is."

"You just have to get used to it," I said reassuringly.

"I'm so bored," Uraraka stated loudly. "What are we supposed to do if we can't train?"

"We should all study," Iida said enthusiastically. He was only met with groans, however.

"We should do something fun!" Ashido countered, her voice bubbly and excited.

"Like what?" Yaoyorozu asked.

Mineta saw his chance to do something dirty and started answering. "We could—"

He started scrambling around as a piece of Sero's tape clamped his mouth shut.

"I have an idea," Kaminari said, standing up from his seat by the table. "We should have a video game tournament!"

"That's genius!" Ashido squealed. "What video game should we play?"

A few people yelled "Mario Kart!" and nobody complained about it, so it was quickly decided.

Midoriya sat up, removing his head from my shoulder as he did. He seemed excited; his eyes were bright and a small smile was tugging at his lips.

I covered my mouth with my hand as I grinned at the sight of Izuku's smile.

"You're cute," I said bluntly, causing the green-haired boy to blush slightly.

"T-thank you, Todoroki," he answered, calming down quickly. "Have you ever played Mario Kart before?"

"Yeah," I stated. "It's been a while though."

"When did you last play?"

"It's been a few years. My siblings and I used to have small competitions when we had time."

"That's so fun!" Midoriya cried. "I used to play them all the time with To—I mean, when I was in grade school," he said, correcting himself.

"Did you every play with Bakugou?" I asked, remembering that he and Izuku had been childhood friends.

"Yeah, but—"

"I always beat his lame ass," Bakugou interrupted. "Damn nerd."

Izuku turned to answer but stopped when he noticed Ashido walk to the front of the room. The common area had filled up now that all twenty students were together and surrounding the couch.

"Alright!" Ashido yelled, quieting everyone with her voice. "There are twenty of us and you can only play with four people at a time, so get into groups of four."