chapter eleven

deku

I will protect myself.

I paced around my room, thinking. The heroes are definitely onto the plan, and it'll be harder to sneak the villains in with the extra security.

Stopping in my tracks, I picked up my phone to call Shigaraki about what All Might had said, even though it had already been three days. Surprisingly, I already had two messages waiting for me.

(Today, 4:16 pm) Shittyraki: I need to talk to you. Meet me at the store by the Northside park.

(Today, 4:16 pm) Shittyraki: Come alone.

I sighed as I typed out my response. Must he make everything so difficult?

(Today, 4:24) Me: can't do that. there's more security now

While I waited for his answer, I pulled my shoes on, making sure to check my phone every few seconds in case Shigaraki responded.

(Today, 4:26 pm) Shittyraki: Figure it out.

(Today, 4:27 pm) Me: is toga coming

(Today, 4:28 pm) Shittyraki: Yes.

Happiness streamed through me at the idea of seeing Toga again.

(Today, 4:32 pm) Me: i'll see you soon

With both shoes securely on, I stood up and walked out of my room. As I made my way to the first floor, I pondered what to do about the new security measures.

I can't just show up at a store with someone and then leave them to go talk to the Leage of Villains. Just thinking about that made me irritated. That's one way to blow my cover.

My feet hit the floor of the bottom level and the sound of Kirishima's voice immediately flooded through the room.

"I need to go to the store," he said, "who wants to come?"

How convenient.

"I do," I answered quickly, walking over to him.

"Really? Thanks," the red-haired boy said. "You don't have to come if you want to, it's just  that with the new security, I can't go alone."

"It's fine. I need a new jacket, anyway," I said truthfully. My old jacket had been ripped apart by the League of Villains when I had first been taken by them.

"Alright!" Kirishima and I left the building and, after promptly getting permission from Aizawa, exited the school grounds. We were mostly quiet along the way, only speaking so that I could tell Kirishima the store I needed to go to.

As we were nearing the park by the shopping center, I broke the silence. "So, Kirishima, why did you need to go to the store?"

My question seemed to catch him off-guard and he stammered. "Oh, uh, I was just going to get something for Bakugou."

"Oh?"

"And Kaminari! And Sero, and Ashido, Jiro, too. All of us," he added quickly.

"What are you getting, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Snacks!" he exclaimed, his voice filled with excitement. "Tomorrow's group movie night, and it's my week to buy the food."

"Do you guys have a movie night every week?"  I asked, pretending to be interested as I scanned the area around the store for any sign of Shigaraki.

"Yeah."

Soon, we reached the doors and entered. Kirishima and I split up, promising to meet back at the door in thirty minutes.