chapter nine

deku

I love you, Shoto.

I nearly gagged as I tested the words out, even though it was just in my head. I knew that I would have to make myself say those words eventually, but not right now. Definitely not right now, even though I was literally curled around Todoroki's left side like a koala.

At least his left side is warm and cozy, I thought.

As much as I wanted to get up, I didn't want to wake Todoroki; he can't annoy me if he's sleeping.

I moved my head slightly, doing my best to keep from shifting my position too drastically. Sunlight was streaming in through the thin curtains hanging over the glass door that led to the balcony. Thankfully, my bed was to the side of the window, so we were still in the shadows.

My eyes then moved to Todoroki. Even though I didn't particularly like him, he was cute, especially when he was sleeping. His red and white hair was messy and left his usually-covered eyes visible. The red scar around his left eye still looked the same as it did four months ago, as a scar should, and his eyes were closed softly.

Slowly, I looked down at his lips, parted slightly as he breathed. They were soft and—

Gross.

Memories of last night came rushing back to me. I fought the urge to rinse my mouth out with soap as my eyes darted to Todoroki's neck.

Please tell me I didn't.

Ew.

There was a small spot on his neck that stood out from the rest of his pale skin. Just in that small spot, the skin was light purple; a bruise.

I cursed under my breath. I am so disgusted with myself.

Surprisingly, I almost laughed. The amount of acting and suffering I was putting myself through just for this plan was so crazy that it was funny.

I was jerked out of my thoughts as Todoroki moved slightly. He opened his eyes slowly and looked over at me (I was still cuddling him). His arm wrapped around me tightly and he bent down to kiss the top of my head.

Ew. Stop. It's too early for affection, especially when I have to fake it.

"Good morning, Shoto," I said cheerfully.

"G'morning, Izuku," he answered, his voice heavy with exhaustion. Todoroki yawned and sat up slightly, forcing me to also sit up.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Hm?" he mumbled, stretching his toned arms over his head. "Oh, yeah. Did you?"

"I did," I said truthfully. "You make a great pillow."

Todoroki chuckled sleepily. "Good to hear." Suddenly, his eyes widened and a fearful look crossed his face. "What time is it?"

I looked down over at the clock on the desk. "Oh, shit. It's nearly eight already."

The red- and white-haired boy scrambled out of the bed. "We have class today," he said, walking to the door. "If you want, we can walk to the building together. I'll meet you downstairs in ten minutes."

Todoroki left the room, finally leaving me alone. I grumbled quietly to myself, complaining about the plan and how stupid it was.

If Shigaraki were here, I would absolutely slaughter him for making me do this.

I got dressed in my uniform quickly. It was uncomfortable, considering I had spent nearly all of the past four months in a basic hoodie and jeans.