Quinn

Hinayaan ako ni Margaux na kumain ng dinner sa bahay nila. I did not expect her to let me, not after rejecting me so many times.

I missed her. I missed her so much. Alam ko naman iyon pero noong makita ko siya ay parang doon ko lang naramdaman kung gaano ko siya kagustong makasama.

I want to give her freedom. I want to give her everything she asks me to.

But to leave her?

I won't do that. Hindi ko kailanman papahintulutang iwanan ako. I've made that mistake before and I surely wouldn't want to make the same mistake now.

Shawn looks so happy as he looked at me and his mom eating together. Margaux isn't though...she's sitting next to me but is trying her hardest to stay the farthest from me.

"Shawn," Margaux called our son and he looked at his mother with eagerness to hear what she would tell him. "May pupuntahan kayo ng Daddy mo bukas after school..."

Ngayon ay ako naman ang nilingon ni Shawn. "Where to, Dad?"

Sinipat ko muna si Margaux na busy sa pagkain bago ngumiti sa anak namin. "We'll meet the organizers for your birthday party, Shawn."

Smile lit up from the face of our son and it made my heart full. Somehow, Shawn's smile makes me less lonelier.

"Talaga, Daddy?" Shawn asked with surprise and excitement all written on my face. Then he looked at Margaux. "Are you coming with us, Mom?" Tanong niya.

Tinitigan ko si Margaux na medyo naasiwa sa tanong ng anak namin. Umismid siya at umayos ng upo. "Hindi, Shawn. Si Daddy mo lang ang kasama mo."

Shawn blinked thrice before nodding. "Are you busy tomorrow, Mom?"

Margaux bit her lip and nodded. "Yes, I have lots of scheduled check ups tomorrow."

Shawn pouted. "Shouldn't we be together tomorrow, Mommy?"

Hindi ko maitago ang ngiti ko sa tanong ng anak ko. He asked it in a way that you'd feel extremely guilty if you don't do what he's telling you to do.

That's right. Maybe he got that from me.

Halos manigas si Margaux sa kinauupuan niya nang marinig ang tanong ni Shawn. Ibinaba niya ang kubyertos at tinitigan ang anak namin. "I know, Shawn, but Mommy has prior appointments. I will talk to the organizer when I'm not busy."

Shawn pouted still.

Margaux sighed. "Alright, maybe I could come but I won't promise." She said, giving in to our son's whim.

Shawn looked at me and smiled widely making Margaux stare at me with narrowed eyes.