Quinn

I was trying to look out and find Margaux when I was finished with my CT scan. Kung bakit gusto ko siyang makita ay hindi ko alam. I just thought I needed to at least let her know that I was here. As for the reason again, I don't know.

When the RadTech in the CT scan told me that the results will come out in thirty, I didn't waste time and ran back to the ER. Siguro naman ay makikita ko siya dito.

I don't know but there was this magnetic force inside me that makes me want to see Margaux again. Nang marinig kong may anak na siya, I needed to know how she was. Kailan siya nabuntis, sino ang ama at nasaan ito?

"Mommy, am I going to stay in the hospital for long?"

Napatigil ako nang may marinig akong boses malapit sa common toilet ng ospital. I looked at the direction of the voice and was stunned to see the persons I am looking for.

Margaux was there, in front of a kid about four or five years with the dextrose hanging beside them. Halos manikip ang dibdib ko nang makita ko ang bata.

He's a boy and he looks like someone else. I couldn't believe myself when I saw his whole face. He looked just like me. I can never be mistaken. I've seen my kid photos and I look like that kid.

Shit!

May sinasabi si Margaux sa kanya at tumango ito.

"I don't want to miss school." He uttered in his cute voice.

Damn it! I can't believe this!

I was pretty sure Margaux was cooing and assuring him things because he suddenly smiled and kissed her cheek.

I could see Margaux smiling when the kid said, "I love you, Mommy."

My heart melted with the words I heard from the kid. Shawn, that's his name as I heard from Dr. dela Fuente.

"Mommy loves you too, Baby. So much." Margaux told him before pulling him into a tight hug.

Hindi ako makagalaw sa kinatatayuan ko hanggang sa nakita ko ang gulat na itsura ni Margaux nang makita niya ako. Para siyang nakakita ng multo.

Agad siyang bumitaw sa anak niya at itinago ito sa likod niya.

Now, it's confirmed. That boy is my son.

Damn it! Bakit hindi niya sinabi sa aking may anak pala kami? Or does she even have thoughts on telling me?

Fuck!

"Margaux..." I told her as I tried to walk to her.

She bit her lip and stepped back with Shawn still behind her. I can see how the boy is worried and how he is confused of how his mother is reacting.

"What are you doing?" Bakas sa boses niya ang galit. Pero siya ba ang dapat magalit dito? Ako, dapat akong magalit dahil hindi man lang niya sinabi sa akin may anak pala kami.

Damn it!

Thinking about how I broke up with her makes me sick. Noong mga panahong iyon ay buntis na siya. Did she know back then? Was she going to tell me?

"We need to talk." I told her in a stern voice.

She looked at me like I just cracked a joke. Mukha siyang tatawa ngunit sarkastiko itong ngumiti.

"Talk?" She asked. "What are you talking about?" Sarcasm is very evident in her voice and it sounds like she's mocking me.

"Mommy..." Shawn spoke and her face changed abruptly. She looked at Shawn and bent to his height. "Baby, Mommy will talk to a stranger for a while, alright." Aniya at tumawag ng nurse para ilayo si Shawn sa amin.