Quinn

I bombarded Margaux with a lot of texts because I couldn't contact her. I told her I would meet her in the hospital today. I needed to see her and ask if it was really Shawn last night.

To: Margaux

What time's your shift? We need to talk.

To: Margaux

I'm going to the hospital today. I need to see you.

To: Margaux

Is that our son? Is that Shawn?

I waited for her to respond but she only sent me one text.

From: Margaux

He's my son.

I narrowed my eyes at her message. She really doesn't acknowledge me as the father of Shawn. As to why she still have some grudge against me now, I don't know.

When I read her response, I immediately called her. Her phone was ringing but she was answering. She's deliberately trying to ignore me and my calls. Alam ko iyon.

Nang makulitan ito sa akin ay doon lang niya sinagot ang tawag ko.

"Is that Shawn?" I asked without even greeting her properly. "Gusto niya akong makita?"

It was silent from the other line. Hindi ko alam kung sadya ba o nag-iisip lang si Margaux ng isasagot sa akin.

"Makita lang. Hanggang doon lang iyon." She answered without any ounce of emotion.

Pero kahit pa ganoon ay hindi ko pa rin makontrol ang sayang nararamdaman ko. I'm going to meet my son. It was pure bliss.

"Thank you!" I beamed, unable to control my emotions. "Thank you!" I feel like I could cry with this news. I wanted more. I wanted to hold my son more but this is a good start.

Meeting my son is a great start.

It's also one of the best gifts I can give for Christmas.

"Is that what you're going to tell me?" She asked but she didn't even gave me time to answer her because she already hung up.

Nevertheless, I was smiling the whole time. Nang magpacheck up nga ako ay hindi ko maitago ang ngiti ko. Two days and I will be able to meet my son.

"Mr. Quinn Guevarra?" tawag sa akin ng nurse.

I stood up and went to the clinic of Dr. Dela Fuente. Ngunit napatigil ako nang may marinig ako galing sa loob.

"Hindi ko alam kung tama bang ipakilala ko siya sa anak ko."

I cannot be mistaken. This is Margaux's voice.

"It's your son's identity, Margaux. Akala ko ba ay settled na tayo kahapon pa?" It was Dr. dela Fuente's voice his time.

"Deonna, I'm his mother. I've raised him alone. Nang itakwil ako ng mga magulang ko, it was Shawn who gave me strength. When I was broken, he made me whole. It's hard for me to let him meet someone who could possibly take him away from me."

Nanghina ako nang marinig ko ang panig ni Margaux. So, that's what she thinks of me. She thinks I would steal Shawn away from her.

And what was that?

Itinakwil siya ng mga magulang niya? How could they do that? Mag-isa lamang siyang anak!

"Maybe he isn't a bad person? Malay mo naman, gusto lang niyang makilala siya ng anak niya." Dr. dela Fuente commented. "Tamang hinala ka kasi lagi."