Quinn

Hindi ko maitago ang ngiti ko nang makitang tumatawag si Margaux sa akin. I know what it is when she calls me during the day. It's about Shawn.

"Hello," I said as I answered the call.

Narinig ko ang malalim na pagsinghap niya sa kabilang linya. "Are you free tonight?" Hindi man lang niya ako binati.

"Why?" I asked.

She paused for a second. Para bang nagdadalawang isip siya kung sasabihin ba niya ang rason o hindi. Suminghap siyang muli bago nagsalita. "Gusto kasi ni Shawn na matulog sa bahay mo."

My heart leaped with joy upon hearing what she said. My son wants to stay with me.

"One night." Margaux said. "I'm letting him stay with you for one night."

I sighed and nodded. One night is good. I would take even the shortest time to be with my son. One night is enough.

"Okay." I answered. "Anong oras ko siya kukunin?"

"You can fetch him from school. Ipapadala ko na lang kay Mela iyong mga gamit niya." She told me.

"Hindi mo siya ihahatid sa akin?" I asked. I'm not really sure why asked that question. I'm not expecting her to be closer to me now. I would acknowledge her coldness. Maybe she's been through a lot.

"As much as I want to, I don't want to see you."

I can't believe it hurts like this. I don't feel anything for her now but hearing a woman say she doesn't want to see me hurts my ego so much.

Ako? Quinn Leonard Guevarra? Ayaw makita ng isang babae? All the female employees in the office are dying for my attention!

How could Margaux...?

"Fine." I swear I couldn't hide the disappointment in my voice. I didn't know why I had to see her. I didn't know why I feel like I want to meet her.

Was it because of the words I've told her the other night?

I didn't mean it that way. I didn't want her to think that I am questioning the way she raised our son. I've been with Shawn a few times and I know that he's going to be a great person when he grows up. A lot better than what I am.

"Look, Margaux, about what happened in the club—"

She ended the call without even saying goodbye. She didn't even hear me out. What the hell?

I was trying to be nice to her. Bakit ganito na lang niya ibinaba ang tawag?

Is this how mad she is?

Well, Quinn, there's no denying that it was an asshole move. You should have been thankful that she's letting you meet your son after leaving her heartlessly like that.

The whole day, I tried to divert my attention to seeing my son and having him with me in my house tonight. This is what I have been waiting for. I'm actually surprised that this is going really fast. Akala ko ay mag-aaway pa kami ni Margaux bago niya ipakita sa akin ang anak ko.

From: Louise

Babe, I'll come over tonight, right? You told me you'll cook dinner for me. See you later! Love you!

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang makita ko ang text ni Louise. Fucking shit! I forgot about my dinner with Louise!

Shit! Makikita niya si Shawn!

To: Louise

Babe, can we have dinner some other time? I have important matters to attend to tonight.