Too Good to Be Sad

McKenna's p.o.v.

I end up getting there a couple minutes before Sam and Dean. I get out of the car they pull up as I'm knocking on the door.

Chris answers as Sam and Dean reach me. He moves to let us in and leads us to his office. 

"I'm glad you guys are here. One of our men was killed last night. We can only assume its this so called Kanima. His body is at the animal clinic now. We'll be leaving for there shortly." He says and I'm confused. 

"Why is his body with a vet?" I ask. 

"Because he's not just a vet, he's a former emissary." An older man with a small amount of white hair on his head walks into the room. I can see just by the way he holds himself that he thinks he's in control of everything. 

"Sam, Dean, McKenna, this is my father Gerard. He's here to help with this...unique situation." Argent introduces us. We give him a slight nod of acknowledgment. 

"Its come to my understanding that you three are experts in the field of the supernatural. I hope we can count on your loyalty. Many hunters these days have gone soft." He says in an almost threatening way. 

"Yep, we are all in." Dean answers. Sam and I nod in agreement. 

"Now, I've heard nothing but good things about this young lady." He says motioning to me. I just give a slight smile.

"Do you mind if I talk to you alone for a moment?" He asks. 

"Um, yeah that's fine." I say glancing at Sam and Dean and they nod. Chris leads them to the kitchen leaving me and Gerard alone in the study.

"So, from what my son tells me you've got quite a bit of knowledge in that head of yours." He says walking behind the desk. 

"Yes, I do a lot of research and I take history classes, so that helps too." I answer shortly. 

"And your brothers, they don't do research of their own?" He asks suspiciously. 

"Well, Sam does but not as much as me. Whenever we're on the road that's what I do. I take my classes and research as much as I can. Sam really only does it when we need it for a case. But I like to be prepared." I say being thoughtful of my answer.

"And Dean?" He asks his eyebrows raised.

"Dean really doesn't have a lot patients for it." I say with a small laugh. 

"You see McKenna that's what I like about you. You want to be prepared. You want to know about the enemies you face before you have to face them." He tells me. He's freaking me out right now.

"You're strong. I think you and me will be working closely together from here on out. I want you to tell me everything you know about the kanima and the packs in Beacon Hills." He says me finally." 

"Of course, anything to help." I lie while nodding. 

"But, right now we have an appointment with a certain veterinarian." He says leading me out of the study. If I didn't the man before I definitely don't know. 

We walk into the kitchen and Argent says its time to go. We walk outside and I see the sun has almost set. I ride with Sam and Dean to the clinic not seeing the point in taking two cars. 

We arrive and its almost pitch black outside. The Argents walk in first ignoring the closed sign glowing on the door. We follow them to the back where I see a dark skinned man working on a body on the table with slashes running down his chest. 

"I'm starting think I need to buy a more prominent 'closed' sign." He says turning around. Chris just scoffs and continues into the room with Gerard and then us coming in last.