Be Your Everything (Chapter 11)

Finally! I'm done with all the chores. My room's cleaned. The bathroom's cleaned. The kitchen's cleaned. The entire apartment's cleaned. I glanced at the time on the wall. 4:15. I gotta get ready for tonight. Zack called earlier saying he's gonna pick me up at 5.

After showering and trying to look almost close to perfect, Zack texted. "I'm here."

I looked at myself at the mirror for the last time before going downstairs. Skinny jeans, my favorite black v-neck, and converse. Good enough.

"Hey," I said as I opened the door. Wow, he looked so hot. He was wearing a plaid button up, dark fitted jeans, and vans.

"Are you ready?" He asked, grinning at me.

"Uhh..yeah."

"Great!" He motioned for me to go to his car. "You look really pretty by the way," he said as he opened my door.

"Thanks!" I tried to hide my face which was blushing hardcore.

Fifteen minutes later, Zack drove up to the parking lot. We decided to walk around for awhile. There were lots of people, lots of booths, and certainly lots of food. Zack and I went to get some nachos and I bought a large cotton candy.

"Wow! That's huge!" Zack exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Yeah! I guess they weren't kidding when they said it's bigger than usual."

Zack looked at his watch. "It's 5:30 already?" He sighed. "Well gotta go play first."

I watched him go up stage with his bandmates. "Hey guys!" Austin, their lead singer greeted. The crowd erupted in cheers. I could see Zack tuning his bass. "We're Black Rhapsody. And this is a song we wrote called Before Sunset. Hope you like it," Austin winked at a couple of girls who were screaming their lungs out.

More and more people were coming to see the band play. In my opinion,it wasn't a waste of time at all. Zack's band was great. I don't blame those girls crying on their knees right now. I squeezed in to the front of the stage. I could see Zack more clearly now. He looked so calm. I watched his fingers move down to the neck of the bass. He really is good at this.

"Cause I loved you, right before sunset..." Austin sang the last line of the song. The crowd went wild. Zack's eyes found me on the crowd and then he gave me a warm smile. I smiled back. I was literally melting inside.

The crowd chanted for one more. "So you guys want some more, huh?" Austin asked.

"Yeah!" The crowd agreed in unison.

"Great! Zack, why don't you start us off this time?" Austin pointed. Zack gave a small nod and I swear I could feel the all the girls' ovaries exploding next to me. Zack started playing the intro on Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy.

"Thanks guys!" Austin waved as the band fled the stage.

"You did great!" I met Zack backstage. I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Thanks!" He hugged me around my waist. "I was pretty nervous at first."

"Nervous?" I pulled away. "You seem to be having fun up there. I mean did you see those girls?"

He laughed. "Yeah, I did." He looked at the time. "We'll it's only past 6. Wanna go chill or something?"

"Sure!"

Zack took my hand and we walked around for awhile. We spotted a dunking booth and Zack decided to give it a try.

"I don't think you can dunk him," I teased Zack.

"Oh really now?" He turned to face the target and after two tries he dunk the poor guy sitting on it. People watching started to cheer. The man handed him a huge bear. "Here ya go," Zack came up to me, the giant bear in his arms.

"The bear's bigger than you," I giggled.

He grinned. "So do you."

Zack and I continued to walk up a hill. "Let's stay here for the rest of the night," he said as he sat down at the open grass. He motioned for me to sit next to him.

"Wow, you could see everything from up here," I looked down at the carnival going on. There were lots of colorful lights.

I heard Zack yawned next to me. "Tired already?" I asked.

"I didn't get so much sleep last night, that's all," he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Here, why don't you take a nap on my lap," I laid my legs in front of me.

"But I don't wanna miss the sunset," he sounded like a little kid when he said it. I couldn't help smile at him. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing, nothing. Here," I guided his head to lay on my lap.

"Thanks!"

"No prob," I giggled.

Zack turned serious for a moment. "Kristine, thanks for everything." He smiled. His eyes were bright green.

"Hey, I'm here for you. Always gonna be here," I said sincerely. He gave a small smile.

"I love you," he whispered before shutting his eyes.

What did he say? Maybe he meant as a friend, right? It could mean anything.

I watched as the rest of the carnival went on. There were kids running around, couples having romantic time, everyone was having fun. Then a flash mob came on. I didn't noticed it was sunset until I heard a girl with her boyfriend pointed it out. Almost everybody at the carnival stopped to watch it. It's time to wake Zack up. "But he looks so cute sleeping," I mumbled to myself. Good thing he was asleep. He looked so peaceful.

"Zack..." I whispered as I slightly shook him. "Zack..." He still didn't wake. Probably a heavy sleeper. "Zack." I shook him more harder this time. Why isn't he waking up? "Zack!" I was half yelling. He still won't wake up. I was already panicking. No, it can't be, can it?