Be Your Everything (Chapter 7)

The next morning was a drag. Ugh... My classes went on forever. I was sitting in chemistry when finally, the bell rang for lunch. Thank the lord, I thought.

Kayla and I decided to not go out for lunch, mostly because of what happened yesterday, and we were pretty lazy to drive. "Hey," Kayla said as I sat next to her.

"Hey..." I said glumly.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"The food, it looks disgusting," I poked some colorless meat with my fork.

"Well that's cafeteria food for you," Kayla said as she pushed her tray away from her.

I was trying to make figure with the rest of the food on my tray when I noticed a strawberry-blonde hair far across from me.

"Hey isn't that Ally?" I motioned towards her.

"Yeah it is. Ally!" Kayla called. Ally turned around and smiled at us. I waved for her to come.

"Hi guys!" she greeted us as she sat in front of me.

"Were you waiting for someone?" Kayla asked.

"No, I was just looking for a place to sit," she said.

"Oh, well you're always welcome to sit with us," I offered.

"Really? Thanks guys," she smiled at us. Just then, the look on her face changed. I turned around.

"Hey, Kristine!" Zack said as he sat next to me. "Not going out for lunch today?"

"Nope. Didn't wanna be late for class today."

Zack laughed. "I'm sorry about that, by the way. I lost track of time and-"

"Hey, it's fine. Besides, it was sooo worth the food," I punched him playfully on his arm. "You gonna eat with us?"

"I wish. But those guys wanted me to hang with today." He pointed toward the group of guys sitting near us. It didn't really surprised me, though. I know most of those guys and they're all in a band.

"Hey, Zack!" one of the guys called.

"Well, that's my cue," he smiled then left.

I turned to Ally and she looked like she forgot to breathe. I laughed. "You okay?"

"Uhh...yeah," she was giggling.

Kayla raised an eyebrow at her. "Oookay."

I laughed. "Aww just talk to him!"

"Wait, you like Zack?" Kayla asked.

Ally was silent for awhile. "Yeah. And I'm really shy to talk to him."

"Just go! He's easy to talk to, don't worry," I told her.

"You sure?"

"Definitely. Trust me, he's a great guy."

After school I met Kayla by her car.

"So Ally likes Zack, huh?" she said with a straight face.

"Umm... Yeah," I was confused by her expression at first. "Kayla, it's fine. It's just a crush."

"It's a like. There's a difference," Kayla pointed out.

"Oh, Kayla. It doesn't matter. So what if Ally likes Zack?"

"You like Zack too, right?" Kayla was staring directly at me. Damn, she's good. Should I tell her? I couldn't really keep anything form Kayla.

"Yeah, you're right. I like him too. So what?"

"Then here's your chance, Kristine! Make your move before it's too late!" she was gripping on my shoulders.

"Kayla, calm down!" I said as I tried to pull her hands off me. "I don't wanna make a move. And what if he doesn't even like me back?"

Kayla was shaking her head. "You may never know..."