Epilogue

The lord walked into the shinigami realm carrying his son’s dead body in his arms and dragging his cloak. He was angry, but the sadness took over a bigger part of his heart. The soldiers all followed him until each stopped at a specific point.  The soldiers that were standing before him moved away and bowed in sadness toward the loss of the young lord. The man put the boy on a pedestal and kneeled. After a few prayers, he took a knife and used it to get some of Keisuke's blood on a small bottle. After this was done the man put his hands over the body, and prayed a couple of verses more. When the words finished the body became more and more transparent until it was completely lost in a ray of light. The light banished and the pedestal was empty again. The lord put his hands on it and lowered his head holding back his tears. The general moved closer to him and whispered : “ I’m sorry for you loss, sir” the man didn’t answer, he felt as if that was a hypocritical act and didn’t even look back at him. The man turned around, a soldier brought a crystal chalice decorated with stone and placed it before her lord. She then took two steps back and put her hands behind her back.

The lord placed the soul container over the crystal chalice, that shun a blue light, and opened it. Keisuke’s soul went inside the water gently and softly and after the water was purified by its presence it rose out of the water and ascended to be ‘purged’. The man took a deep breath and grabbed the small bottle that contained Keisuke’s blood in it. He held it above the now purified water and allowed the drops to fall in the chalice.

The man placed his hands over the red water and closed his eyes. The shinigami stood in a circle around the chalice and lowered their heads. The lord began the prayer that was later continued by the other shinigami.

“Todal moderghty qob mentod locisentbe, tew mupadtos coinfyonza.”

“Todalg moderghty qob mentod locisentbe, tew mupadtos coinfyonza.” The other shinigami repeated , then continued the prayer as a crowd “Remitelet qued baed mortog savehd punayrer.
 Pot ret vifalance vatal remitelet qued barel coland pyra. Pot racet todal humaldad, remitelet qued balef bance yad terdavenda. Pot racet todal humaldad remitelet tel universie. Todal moderghty remitelet quit nove coruta. Remiteret foleswogar hasuyt quit protme sumdaver. Fiberit fel mecael fiberit felm coroi remitelet qued bael seb moerta naduos “

The lord raised his head and spoke the same line again

“todal moderghty qob metod locisent be tew mopadtos coifyonza.”

The prayer was concluded by this last sentence. The man dived his hands in a water that had become dark blue and took out a little baby. The new death had been created. This time, it was pure.

A man stepped forth and gave the lord a piece of cloth were he wrapped the crying little baby in and consoled it. After a while the child stopped crying and looked up at him. He looked directly at this big bright blue eyes looking straight at him, reminding him of the first time he had held his son.

“Congratulations on the creation of the new death. What will our lord call her?”

The man looked at the princess with a smile full of love and happiness and said: “Keiko. Her name shall be Keiko.”

[Fourteen years later]

It was an early October. Logan carefully placed the flowers next to a plate decorated with some gold around it. In it the name ‘Keisuke’ was written with the year he had died in, since Logan didn’t know what year he was born in he just asked the man to write his own year of birth. Logan put his hand over the ring Keisuke gave him and sighed.  The wind blew a little stronger than usual, and as flowers fell, Logan turned around and walked away with his hands in his pockets.