Chapter 3: Half way there

[The following monday]

Sun was bright, birds were singing. The moment the bell rang, keisuke ziped his bag and sighed heavily; slightly slamming his locker shut before he walked away.

**********

"Hey, Logan! How did it go with that chick during the week-end?"

"Well."

"Wha? Come on man, at least tell me how it went! I was the one covering up for you!"

"hmm, well pretty calm, but then the father showed up and the athmosphere got kind of tense."

"hmph! tough luck. Oh! By the way, did ya hear?"

"what?"

"The creepy new kid is going to be in our class starting today. Turns out they missplaced him and threw him in the wrong class!"

'shit' He tought. The last thing Logan wanted was for Jona to interfere with keisuke. It was enough for him having Logan barge in. Logan didn't reply to Jona, he just walked quietly to class and hoped no one would bother keisuke.

KEISUKE'S POINT OF VIEW (OOW)

The moment Logan left my house, on sunday morning, My dad game me a folder. He wanted to give it to me on friday since it was supposed to take me two days to analyse it properly. I'm going to have to miss school tomorrow as well. There's going to be a masacre today; I'm supposed to be there collecting all the innocent souls and deliver them to purgatory safely before some shit sucking demon feasts on them. The Shinigami soldiers will collect the guilty and protect the area while I collect the rest. I still don't understand why they're going to let that happen. When I asked my dad if we could try to safe the souls he got mad. Apparently even though every shinigami mourns for the lost lifes their job is to end life not allow it to continue. He, for the fist time, explained everything to me.

Aparently all those people who are going to be killed are supposed to die. If they don't make it, it's because God wants the life he lent back to create new lifes. Then he said how now matter what if a person's life must continue no force on this earth will be able to take it away. That actually made sense to me... But i don't want to witness thousands of people die and not do anything. I know im justa a half breed... But I wish i could just understand. My dad and I don't have a good relasionship since my mom's incident and now i have to watch other people's families get taken away.

I guess i have to be there after school, since my dad didn't tell me to skip. Today's going to be weird, my dad arranged for my class to be changed to Logan's. I asked why but to ' my surprise ' he didn't tell me the real reason. He was just like "It's better if you sare room with someone you trust." but like, what? He doesn't trust Logan so, why would he put me in the same class? Again not like he'll explain anything. I have to be at the location at around three or so. so i guess im going to have to skip the last four periods or else I won't make it in time.

When I got there with around seven other specialized Shinigami a lot of human started to show up. There were women, men, and children who all seemed to be angry at something or... someone. After a while the second party showed up. That's when I realizd; it wasn't going to be a masacre at all, but a battle between two kinds of people. Two people who believed to be greater than the other... who wished for unnecessary power caused by despair and anger. My dad's description of human nature was right... They are greedier than a demon. I was about to jump down when a superior stopped me, shook his head and turned back to the scene. This man never explains anything to me either, but the difference between him and my dad is: I unerstand every word he ment to say but never did. I understood that we as powerful as we are shall never interfere with the decissions humans make. I'll try my best to explain, but since no one ever explains anything ot me.. It wont ,probably, turn out as expected.