Chapter 7: That future that is unknown to us.

When Logan opened his eyes again he found himself in the hospital. He was too weak to move and could barely breathe. The only sounds he could identify properly, was Kat sobbing and Jona talking in a furious tone. Logan turned his head towards the window and spotted a man standing with his arms crossed. The light blinded Logan, making it impossible for him to tell who the man was, but his first thought was: ‘Keisuke?’

When his mother realized he was finally awake she screamed his name and hugged him. Kat continued crying but she seemed more relieved. Logan was attached to three packs of blood which were almost more than half empty and  a water pack to replace the loss of blood and fluid. Jona stopped talking to Lucas and turned to Logan, then walked towards him. Logan turned his head one more time to see the man clearly, but he was gone. In fact, Logan wasn’t even sure he had been there. The nurse removed the oxygen mask from Logan's face and excused herself.

After a couple of hours Logan’s mother left the room to take a call and closed the door behind her.

“W-what happened…?” Logan muttered, but was barely able to say a word.

“What happened…’ Jona started to say while uncrossing his arms. “Was that, that asshole, tried to kill you.”

“Stop saying that!” exclaimed Kat slamming her hands on her laps.

“Yeah, man. You don’t know that for a fact. Keisuke was a really good friend of his, he would never do that.” Said Lucas.

“I do! Don’t bullshit me!”

“wha… Jona… what do… you mean…?” Said Logan with the greatest effort he could find to speak.

“Sigh… Look, Logan… I followed you to his place the other day and---

“Other day? How long…”

“Three weeks ago.”

“What....?”

“Logan you don’t understand what he did to you, do you? How much do you remember?”

Logan didn’t answer. He couldn’t. The only thing he really remembered was Keisuke’s crimson red eyes looking straight at him.

“That… wasn’t him…”

“Logan, for the love of god!, he completely destroyed your left lung and you lost more thant half your blood. If it wasn’t for that man, you would be dead!”

“That … that wasn’t Keisuke…”

“…”

“what man?”

“I don’t know. This Chinese man, that brought you here.”

“What was his name?”

“He didn’t tell me. he only told me its meaning… which is pretty useless.”

“What is it?”

“… Like a dragon.”

“Excuse me?” said the nurse as she walked in. “I’m sorry, guys, but visiting hours are over. I'm going to have to ask you to leave.”

As everyone walked out, logan stared at the room. Lucas put his arm around kat and pat her shoulder with his other hand to try and calm her down. Logan could hear him whisper something to her, but couldn't hear what he was saying clearly. Jona was the last one to leave. He turned to logan before leaving the room, shook his head, sighed and finally left the room closing the door behind him.

****

“Jaw-Long!” Logan screamed, well, tried to, as he pushed the gate open. He put his hand on his wound as he rested his weight on a tree.