Chapter 13

Uila paced anxiously. 3 weeks and little to no leads on Team Skulls whereabouts. Leon's lead went cold the moment he attempted to show them where he had seen them, as he kept getting lost when trying to find it. She dragged a hand down her face, ignoring the roaring of the crowd from her locker room. It was the finals matches, and she had a feeling it was going to end badly. VERY, badly. No matter what she did, she couldn't shake the feeling of impending misfortune creeping up on her like a predator with its prey. She shook her head, tying her hair up into a high ponytail, the hand-shaped bruise around her neck barely visible, the bruise on her bare stomach faded to an almost-unnoticeable shade of dark-tan and her black eye was gone. Her pokemon wriggled in their pokeballs excitedly as she adjusted the shorts and top, pulling a smirk on her face.

She placed a hand on her hip as she walked onto the pitch, ignoring the rumble of the cheering crowd, eyes focused on Hau, who, true to his word, was prepared to challenge her for her title as champion. They met in the middle, and Uila crossed her arms, shifting her weight to one side. "I can't say I am surprised you came to challenge me little brother, but you must know, I will not be pulling out any stops on this battle." He grinned. "Win or lose, you are still my sister, and I wouldn't expect anything." She raised a brow. "Well then, let's give Galar a show-stopping battle eh?" She held her hand out. Hau met her eyes, determination burning brightly in his eyes as he took her hand. "Let's" The crowd started up excitedly as they walked to their respective sides of the pitch.

"This is an Official Battle between Champion Uila, and Challenger Hau. Both sides may use up to 6 pokemon. The winner will be declared when one party is not able to continue or through the act of forfeit. Please send out your first pokemon." Hau grins, sending out an Alolan Raichu. Uila thinks a moment before sending out Boltund. "Are both Parties ready?" Uila lets a feral smile slip onto her face as she nods, Boltund growling loudly, sparks flickering across its body. "Begin!" "Boltund Dig then follow up with crunch!" Hau had no time to react before Boltund burrowed her way underground. "Raichu Focus Blast on the ground!" Uila grins. "Too late, now Boltund!" Boltund latched onto the Raichu, hitting it with earth  as it dragged Raichu to the ground. "Crunch again!" "Raichu Psychic and throw it away!" "Let it throw you! When you land, use your max speed!" The directions were followed to a T, and Raichu was bit harshly once again. "Throw it to the ground and finish it with Foul Play!" Raichu let out a cry before falling unconscious. Hau stared wide-eyed at his sister. She was on a whole other level to him, she took down Raichu with little to-no effort. He knew he had to play his next pokemon smartly. He settled for Crambominable, sending him out, determination burning brightly.

Uila hummed, tapping a finger against her chin. "You know what Boltund, get some rest, you can continue battling soon." She returned the Dog Pokemon, and hovered her hands over her pokemon. She chose one with a grin, , one that had Hau almost instantly paling. "Come on Cinderace! Let's show our Fire!" Cinderace flipped to the ground, staring intently at the fuzzy crab. "Ready to rumble!" The referee announced the continuation, and once again Uila wasted no time. "Pyroball and Flamethrower!" "Dodge it and Use Stone Edge!" "Cinderace to the air!" The pyro ball hit Cinderace using the Flamethrower to propel himself into the air as multiple stones slammed into where he once stood. Craboombinable was swaying on his feet. "Finish it with Flamethrower!"

Millions of thoughts were running through his head, mostly about the sheer strength his sister possessed. She and her team were taking him down with barely a sweat. He was growing frustrated. He could barely land a hit on her! He grit his teeth, sending out Vaporeon, who was quickly sniped by her Boltund. He knew he was going to lose, 3 down and without even trying. He took a deep breath. If he was going down he was going down fighting. He sent out Taurus, determination burning through his blood.

If Raihan could describe how he was feeling watching the match, it would be confusing to say the least. His girlfriend practically strutted onto the field, her outfit leaving little to the imagination for him.  The feral look on her face was extremely attractive to him, and he felt himself growing warm. He now understood what she meant when she said the look on his face when he battled was hot. He definitely understood.

    Uila sent out Ampharos, who hit the Taurus with a low sweep and electroball, which took Taurus out quickly. He responded with Vaporeon, who managed to get a swift off on Ampharos, but was basically one-shotted. Hau grit his teeth, sending out Noivern. "Ampharos Discharge!" "Noivern Dragon Rush!" "Discharge once more!" Ampharos stumbled, panting heavily, covered in dirt and minor scratches. She and Hau returned their pokemon in sync, and the crowd grew wild, knowing what was about to happen. "We won't lose without a fight! If I am to go down, I'll be going down fighting!" Hau called as he sent out Decidueye. Uila grinned. "I wouldn't have it any other way!"

    She grinned and sent out Kandi, who peered close-eyed at Decidueye, hail beginning to fall softly around them. She felt power surrounding her dynamax band, and she grinned wickedly. It was time to show what she had learned. "Kandi, you ready?" "Nine!" She returned the Ice-Type pokemon, feeling the energy from her band flow into the pokeball, and said ball grew large. She shot a quick wink at Raihan in the champions box before chucking the pokeball behind her.

    A giant Kandi roared, peering down at Decidueye, who was pale. Hau slid a green crystal into his Z-Band. She wasn't going to give him the chance. "Kandi, Max Blizzard!" "Decidueye, Sinister Arrow Raid!" The moves met in the middle, creating a large explosion that had both Uila and Hau shielding their eyes. Both pokemon stood, damaged from the attack. "Max Blizzard!" "Smackdown!" Deciueye faltered, the attack hitting head on. Decidueye stumbled, before collapsing to the ground. The crowd roared as Kandi shrunk to normal size. Uila met Hau in the middle, but before she could reach out and shake Hau's hand, the power in the stadium went out.

    Frightened shrieks were emitted throughout the Stadium, and Uila felt the hairs on the back of her neck raise up. She grabbed Hau and pulled him close to her. She sent out all her pokemon. "Ampharos give us some light please?" Ampharos' tail lit up, providing a decent amount of light. Uila looked around the stadium, freezing in her tracks when she saw an all-too familiar figure walking towards them. She felt her heart stop, and blood freeze.

    Lucario growled, stepping protectively in front of his trainer. Uila clenched her fists, turning to Hau. "Listen, I need you to listen to me and do exactly as I say, alright?" She forced him to look at her. "I need you to go to the champions box and get everyone down here. Call Officer Jenny the moment you get off the pitch." His eyes widened. "I can't just leave you." Her eyes narrow. "Listen Hau, if you don't do this help won't arrive and I don't know what will happen." His eyes dropped to the floor. "Do you trust me Hau?" He nodded. "Then I need you to run as fast as you can to the Champions Box and get the others." He nodded slowly. "Go, I'll handle this." She watched him sprint off and turned to face the man she never wanted to see again.

    He had a cocky grin on his face, eyes locked onto her frame. "Hey doll, miss me?" She snarled angrily, eye narrowing. "Not in the slightest." He pouted. "Come on, don't be like that. You know you want to come back. You need me, and it hurt deeply when you just left." She rolled her eyes. "You know exactly why I left so don't put that crap on me." "Uila darling come on, Alola misses you. The team misses you." He reached out to her only to get smacked away by Lucario. "I will never go back to that hell. You and I both know that." His eyes narrowed. "We'll see about that."

"That we will Guzma."