Happy New Year!'

Uila grinned wildly, bustling about her home, running to grab the bottle of Eiswein they had bought earlier that day. She glanced at the TV which Raihan was struggling to find the right channel. She laughed slightly as he gave a triumphant shout as he finally found the right one as she finished pouring the expensive wine into two separate glasses.

"You ate the cabbage right?" He grumbles. "I don't know why we have to." She rolls her eyes. "It's to bring good luck. You don't need much, just a bite." "I ate it, don't worry, almost puked, but I did." Uila laughs, smiling.

She made her way over to him, handing him the glass and leaning into him as the announcers started the one minute countdown. He was warm, dressed in his hoodie and a pair of sweats, and she shivered lightly, wearing a T-Shirt and athletic shorts. "You ready princess?" Raihan questions, a grin on his face. "Hell yeah I am, let's get this bad luck outta here." He chuckles and looks back at the TV.

"Looks like it's about time." She gives a sly smile back. "That it is." She laces their fingers together as the last 20 seconds of the year begin counting down. They sit in a comfortable silence until the countdown. Uila feels herself get giddy at the thought of the new year.

10

9

8

7

6

5

Raihan snatched her glass out of her hand, setting it on the coffee table in front of them.

4

3

Raihan grabs her face gently, looking deep into her eyes.

2

1

Happy New Year!!!

Raihan presses his lips to hers, and her body feels like the fireworks going off outside. She wraps her arms around his neck, extending her body upwards towards his own. His hands found her waist and a content feeling swam through her body, filling her up with warmth from her toes through her fingertips.

Raihan pulled away, resting his forehead on hers. "Happy New Year Princess." She chuckled. "Happy New Year my Prince." He separated from her, bending over to grab the glasses of the rich and fruity wine.

"To the new year, and a new chapter in our life." He starts. "To the new year, and a new chapter." She repeats, clinking her glass with his and taking a sip. She had just pulled the glass away when she was pulled back into another kiss.

She smiled against his lips, leaning into his touch. "I love you." He murmurs softly once she had pulled away.

"I love you too."