Chapter 5

*warning* Gets kind of, extremely, flirty at the end-
Note: Above is her official champion uniform(yes I drew that horrible masterpiece
Other note: The only reason she was so uncomfortable in a dress was the fact it was a dress.
——————————
The next day was spent better. The pair had gone out to the wild area for the day, and set up lunch. They did a few raid battles and Raihan was sure to snap many pictures of his girlfriend both battling and not battling. Her team enjoyed themselves thoroughly, and so did Uila. The day ended with them walking back to motostoke, hand-in-hand. With Uila's permission, photos of the together were also posted and them being together was released. Uila was almost instantly spammed with 2 types of comments: love, like 'You two are so cute, shipped it from the start' or there was hate, like 'You don't deserve him'. Uila shrugged at the hate, knowing it was bound to happen and replied:'I know I don't deserve him. He is too kind and caring for his own good.' which shut people up pretty quickly.

The next day was the day of the opening ceremony, and Uila was pumped to get her first season as champion under her belt. She could feel the rumbling of the crowd from her entrance point, which made her grin. It seemed the crowd was as excited as she was. The rumble reduced to a dull roar as the announcer, Leon, began to speak. "Welcome one and all to a brand new Gym Challenge Season!" The crowd's roar grew deafening and Uila wondered how the kids were holding up. "Now, let's welcome our challengers to the field!" Uila watched the screen amused as Serena and Ash, head held high, practically dragged Clemont onto the field. They waved to the crowds excitedly, Bonnie jumping into the air and bouncing from foot to foot.

"And now, to introduce our wonderful Gym Leaders!" Uila noticed the Alolan kids tensing slightly as the Gym Leaders walked onto the field. "Coming up first is the kind-hearted Grass Specialist Milo!" Mallow bounced from foot to foot at the mention of grass types. "Secondly, the Water-Type Beauty Nessa!" Nessa shot a wink out and Lana's head perked up. "Next, the Man of Fire Kabu!" Kabu nodded stiffly. "After him, comes our first choice gym. We have the Karate Prodigy Bea and the Best Medium Allister!" Bea kicks the air and Allister waves lightly. "Then comes one of our new Leaders. In Ballonlea, replacing Opal, the new Fairy-Type specialist Bede!" He huffed and turned his head.

"Moving forward to Circhester, we have our second choice gym. With the Ice-Queen Melony or the Rock-Type Genius Gordie!" Gordie dodged a hug from his mom, sighing and looking away. "Next up we have yet another new Gym Leader! Replacing her brother in Spikemuth, the Dark Marnie!" Marnie just shifted her weight and waved. "Our last and toughest Gym Leader is none other than Galar's Dragon-Tamer Raihan!" Raihan grinned and waved to the crowd, who roared loudly. "Now, can we please welcome Galar's newest Champion, Uila Naga!" That was her cue. Lucario used an aura sphere to create a cloud of smoke, to which they both walked through. Uila smiled and waved, hearing the crowd's roar grow louder. She tapped her mic once next to the Gym Leaders. "What's going on Galar?" The crowd's roar didn't dull any, which she took as a good sign. "I hope everyone is doing well. I cannot say how excited I am to get this season underway. Be sure to cheer loudly for your favorite challenger to give them the motivation to, as the former champion would say, have a Champion of a good time! Let's make this a great season!" She smiled, placing a hand on her hip and waiting on Leon's cue to leave. "And that concludes our opening ceremony. Challengers, your first gym will be with Milo in Turffield. I wish you all the best of luck."

As soon as they make it off the pitch Raihan practically tackles Uila in a hug. "You did so well out there! You're a natural!" He picked her up by the waist and spun her around, and she laughed at his antics. "Thanks sweetheart. Now, let's see the other Gym Leaders off eh?" They waved to the Gym Leaders, who were hopping onto Taxi's to get to their respective destinations. Leon smacked Uila's back a little too hard. "Good job out there Uila, you spoke like a true champion." Uila coughed and nodded. "Thanks, I guess, being a champion before helped." He grinned and Raihan huffed. "Anyway, you should get to the battle tower Leon. We can handle everything from here." Leon smiled. "Fine fine, you and your girl get some alone time. Uila, let me know if you need any help or advice." She nodded, before shoving him towards the Taxi, noting the group approaching her. He gave his brother a hug before climbing into the Taxi.

Uila turned to the group, hands on her hips and a smile on her face. "You have 3 months to complete the gym challenge. As Leon mentioned first, you'll be heading to Turffield, to get there you'll need to go through route 3, Galar Mine No. 1, and route 4." She spoke, reminding the guides of their route even though it was unnecessary. Hau steps forward, determination burning brightly in his eyes. "I'm going to make my way through these gyms and the finals. When I do, I am going to show you just how strong I've become." Uila smirks and ruffles her brother's hair. "I'm sure you will. Now, Raihan needs to get back to his gym and I need to do some champion things. I'll see you all at the Semi-Finals. I'll be waiting for your challenge Hau." She gives him a quick hug before climbing onto Flygon's back in front of Raihan.

Flygon takes to the sky and they watch as Hop excitedly leads them through the city to Route 3. Raihan wraps his arms around Uila's waist, pulling her into him. "I just wanted to mention how hot you looked today under the stadium light." She blushed and shook her head. "I did not." Raihan kisses behind her ear, smirking at the squeak she gave. "You want to test that theory?" His voice rumbled through her ears lowly, like a predator's growl. Uila shook her head, face hot and her heart was pounding. He chuckled and tapped Flygon, signalling for him to begin moving forward, before turning his attention to his embarrassed lover in his arms. He nipped at the shell of her ear teasingly, before opening his mouth to speak.

"Then don't argue with me over things such as your beauty. You are the most beautiful treasure a dragon could have."