Symbols, Letters And Weapons

Skyler's P.O.V

All I wanna do now is scream at anyone who even bothers to talk to me. I just wanna go home and eat as much crap as I want and forget about all of this.

Stiles parked the jeep in his driveway and I looked over at my house and sighed. Here comes the hard part.

"You gonna be okay?" He asked and I nodded my head.

I was about to leave but I felt his hand grasp onto mine.

"You went to a party tonight. That's not really...you."

"Tell that to my anxiety." I joked but when I looked back over at Stiles he had this serious face on. Guess it wasn't time for a joke. "What do you want me to do Stiles? We're not exactly the type to tell each other how we feel."

"What exactly are we?"

The one question I feared most. I can't tell him I...I feel a lot more than friends for him.

That wasn't exactly an easy question. God knows what Stiles thought of me. But I knew what I thought of him.

Which is exactly why I did this.

"We're two neighbours who've shared a best friend all their lives. That's it." I answered and felt a lump in my throat from trying to not cry. Yet I never saw myself crying over some guy. "We're friends Stiles. You're my friend."

"Really?" His tone got more angry and needy. Great. "So all the hugging, holding your hand, the almost kis-"

"I already told you. They meant nothing, can't you just forget about it?! What, just because I let myself get close to you doesn't mean you can just take advantage of me and manipulate my feelings! I'm sick and tired of this, letting a stupid boy make me feel like this. God, I just wanna scream from the top of my lungs." There was no stopping my anger or my voice starting to quake. "Just leave me alone."

I'm a real asshole.

I rushed out of the jeep and walked straight over to my house and slammed the door behind me letting tears stream down my face.

I'm going against everything I believed in. Getting feelings for some guy, letting my ego ruin my life, and making myself feel. It hurts. It hurts so much.

There was a familiar smell in the air and I groaned peering over the kitchen doorway to see Dad wasted on the counter pouring himself another shot.

I quickly wiped my tears off my face and took a deep breath in before rushing to the kitchen and grabbing the bottle off him and the glass before he could take another sip.

"Hey, kid. Did you have fun at that party of yours?" Dad slurred placing his head in his palm.

I laughed trying to cover up my quaky voice and quickly put the Vodka back in the cupboard and tipped the glass into the sink.

I hated when he was drunk. When he was drunk he talked. I couldn't take anymore talking.

"Not really. How was your night? You know besides from not telling me you got fired." I taunted while wiping all residue of the tears I just shed and Dad groaned turning his head to me.

"I was gonna tell ya." Dad simply lied and I gave him a 'really?' look. "When you left for College."

"Nice try Dad. Too bad, I have your DNA and inherited your curious mind." I said and Dad laughed loudly shaking his head.

"Not just mine though kid. Your mothers too. She'd go through these extreme levels to find out what I was hiding. God, she was beautiful." He sighed and I blinked pushing back a tear.