Social Anxiety And Raving

Skyler's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed looking straight into my eyes. I didn't even recognise my own reflection that night.

I quickly shoved two ring daggers in my ankle boots, just in case, and looked back at the mirror.

This isn't me. Carrying weapons, keeping secrets from Dad, going to parties like a reckless teenager. Actually the teenager part I liked.

But I wasn't gonna actually let that happen. Even if it already was.

I raced downstairs and saw Dad coming. Weird, I didn't hear the car pull up.

"Hey, your home early." I said crossing my arms over my chest looking at him and he quickly stiffened.

"Yeah, well they let me off at the station today." Dad nodded and I watched him put a fake smile on.

"Dad I know we haven't exactly been on good terms, but your not okay. What's up?" I asked and he shook his head putting the car keys on the coffee table. "Dad."

"Nothing a few glasses of Vodka can fix." He sighed and I watchad as he set his things down.

"Dad, if you want me to stay home with you I can-"

"No kid. It's Spring Break. Go have fun. Enjoy your teenage life, cause I'm warning you now, it's gonna be over soon." He interrupted heading towards the kitchen and I furrowed my eyebrows watching him.

I knew it was best not to do anything, but he wasn't telling me anything. And my brain doesn't exactly cope with secrets.

"Listen, I know I've been...well a bitch," I mumbled and he seemed to let that one slide. "And I'm sorry about the Mom thing. But you have to understand that I'm fifteen. And with being fifteen I'm gonna get really pissed when you ground me for reasonable reasons!"

He laughed and I smiled giving him a side hug. "Dad, I do love you."

"Have a good night kid."

He gave me a small smile. Wasn't a deserving one either. I sighed making my way out.

I was abour to start walking off until I heard voices next door and Sheriff's car parked in his driveway.

So are they letting everyone off their shifts today?

I hid behind the jeep and watched as Stiles talked with his Dad. Looks like he noticed something was wrong too.

"Where's your gun?" Stiles asked and I looked down at Sheriff's belt that had no gun, and his badge was also gone. What was going on?

"I left it at the station along with my badge." He answered sounding like he had bad news.

"What?!" Stiles asked.

"It's all right. You know what? We'll talk about this later." He was about to walk inside before Stiles stopped him.

"Dad."

"Don't worry about it." Sheriff said but Stiles wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Dad!"

I locked eyes with the Sheriff and he sighed giving in. That clearly blew my cover.

"It was decided that the son of a police chief stealing police property and having a restraining order filed against him by one of the town's most respected attorneys did not reflect well on the county."

"They fired you." Stiles's voice got shallow and Noah shook his head, looking between Stiles and me.

"No. Look, it's...it's just a leave of absence. It's-it's temporary." Sheriff tried keeping this big tough act up but I don't think Stiles was buying it.