22. Life Story

A/N: Sorry for the long wait.... But before you read, I would like to say something.

I know that some of you might have questions about the story. They might either be on what is happening or because you want to clear something out( same thing I guess...). Therefore, I decided to make a whole part in which I answer any qustions you guys have regarding the story.

For those who have a question or more, just go ahead and ask in the comments. I will be replying to them on the next update which will be on the 15th of December. So you will have until then.

I will also be posting another chapter that same day, too :)

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

{ Life Story }

It has been about a week or two since we returned back from California. We stayed an extra three days after the wedding because Alexandro had insisted that he show me around L.A. and other little pit stops we made on our way to L.A. It was really nice and I enjoyed the time I got to spent with Alex since we didn’t have much time due to the wedding. Now we were back in New York and I have a nice tan going on. Giving the time of year, California still has it’s sunny days.

As soon as Alexandro’s parents heard about our return, they invited us over to dinner. Throughout the entire dinner and even afterwards while Alex and I were leaving, they kept insisting we tell them the gender of the baby. However, Alex and I agreed that we will tell the entire family on Christmas Eve while we were all gathered together. At the end, they finally agreed and let us go.

Like I mentioned before, that was about a week or two ago. Today was actually Christmas Eve and I was helping Mrs. Giovanni out in the kitchen getting dinner ready for tonight. The men were out in Mr. Giovanni’s study talking. Mr. Giovanni’s health seemed to be getting better little by little over time, but he there is that occasional time were when he works himself out and he has to take a break. He might not be running a billion dollar family company anymore, but that man can be a little hard head when it comes to having him just relax and take it easy. I remember asking him once why he didn’t just enjoy himself and relax now that he was no longer working. His reply for that was; “I do enjoy myself, as for relaxing….well, I’ll relax when I’m dead.” Yeah, after that I decided to just drop it and not bring it up any more. I’ll let Mrs. Giovanni handle him.

“Dear can you pass me the potatos, please?” asked Mrs. Giovanni. Reaching over a few vegetables, I grabbed the peeled potatos handing them to her. “Thank you.”

We remained silent, with the only noise being heard was the chopping of the vegetables and the christmas music playing softly in the background as we continued to work on making dinner. It felt great and so my element just being surrounded by all these ingredients and making wonderful holiday dishes.

An hour later, Mrs.Giovanni and I sat in the lounge talking about random little things. I was currently talking about the trip to California. I really haven’t had much time to meet up with her and chat. We’ve both been busy with things. I was busy with my online classes as well as the culinary classes I was taking. As for her, she had to make trips to the offices and look after other business projects.

After a while of listening to me talk, Mrs.Giovanni’s expression changed to that of seriousness. “Marie? What happened to your parents? If you don’t mind me asking of course…” I stayed quiet for a moment not expecting her to ask about my parents. Taking in my silence, she quickly spoke up again. “It’s just that you never mention them and I’m curious to know more about you. You are my grandchild’s mother after all.”