21- Not A Second Chance

Half the team consisting of Rocket, Thor (or what used to be Thor), Steve, Natasha, Clint, and Stark made work of putting together the time machine as fast as they could, and it was fast. 

While the others, Rhodey, Banner, Scott, Nebula, and Wanda were busy prepping Scott for test run with the only two Pym Particles they had remaining.

"Time travel suit, not bad." Rhodey said walking into the small room where Lang was being put into his suit by Nebula while Banner was trying his best to be gentle with the particles.

"Hey, hey, Hey!" Scott yelled at Banner. "Easy! Easy!" Banner had tried jamming the particle in there and his giant green hands weren't helping at all.

"I'm being very careful." Banner defended himself. 

"No, you're being very Hulky." Scott said to him as he held his hand back. 

"I'm being careful."

Scott held up a vial of the particles. "These are Pym Particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it." Scott scolded Banner. "This is all we have, we're not making more."

"Scott, calm down." Rhodey said holding his hands out.

"Sorry, we've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do overs. Plus two test runs." Lang said softly as he put the vial into his compartment. He began to shrink and he screamed loudly but came right back into normal size. His helmet unfastened as he stood there embarrassed. "One test run."

Rhodey shook his head in disappointment.

"All right, I'm not ready for this." Scott admitted to himself. 

"I'll do it." Wanda said not trying to hide her Sokovian accent this time.

Wanda had been silently thinking to herself the entire time, if she could just go back and see Carter again... all she wanted was to see Carter again, she had done nothing but constantly think about him over the last five years. 

She needed this chance. 

Nebula helped strap her into the suit while Hulk went over somethings. 

"Wanda, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about that." 

"Wait a second, let me ask you something." Rhodey said. "If we can do this, you know go back in time. Why don't we just find baby Thanos? You know and..." Rhodey mimicked tying a rope around a neck and pulling it tight.

Wanda's mouth dropped and everyone just looked at him like he was stupid. 

"First of all that's horrible..." Banner started. 

"It's Thanos." Rhodey said.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."

"Look we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them. Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott said. 

"Bingo." Wanda said getting antsy.

"That's not how it works." Nebula said quietly.

"Well, that's what I heard." Wanda said looking at her.

"Wait, but who? Who told you that?" Banner asked. 

Rhodey started counting on his fingers. "Star Trek, Terminator, Timecop, Time after Time."

"Quantum Leap." Scott said jumping in.

"Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time."

"Hot Tub Time Machine."