Dear Trump Card- Chapter 1

|November 13, 2022 First Floor|

My eyes feel heavy...my wrists are tense. Where am I?

The sound of a door opening echoed throughout the room followed by a large group of heavy steps. I slowly squinted my eyes open, but then the flames to the room lit up the entire dungeon causing me to squeeze them shut until my eyes adjusted to the brightness.

A week has passed since the start of the official launch of Sword Art Online... About 500 people had died while playing. Of this number, roughly 50 deaths were beta testers. 0 floors have been cleared.

"Commence Attack" the person who seemed in charge yelled.

"There's a girl" a black haired player yelled out as I made eye contact with him.

"Stand back! I'll take care of it" the leader yelled running off.

"It's no good! Jump back as far as you can" the raven haired player yelled as I watched the scene of their leader getting slashed by the boss  play in front of me before he could even get close to helping me.

His injury didn't result in an immediate death. His body was thrown over next to the pillar I sat up against while the player who had warned him ran up beside him pulling out a healing potion.

"Why did you try doing it alone" he yelled frustrated trying to give him a potion, but he refused.

I can't move...

"You were a beta tester too so you know" he struggled to say to the player surprising him.

"Sorry, but... please defeat... defeat the boss for everyone" he said to the player as he suddenly turned to the side to look at me "help her."

And with that he dispersed into a million pieces as the boy took a moment of silence and turned to look at me with curiosity flushing through his eyes. He stood up and walked closer to me with caution. And finally a notification popped up in front of him.

______________________________

✖️

<<Alcea Rosea>>

\\Hidden Trump Card//

⭕️Activate                                 ❌Deactivate

______________________________

"Activate" he whispered questionably as I stood up and slowly unshielded my sword, Rose, listening to the sound of the ruby scraping against my golden scabbard letting my body control me.

I have no control over myself right now... all I know is that there's a huge red target on the boss and everything else blurs out.

I dashed off with my hair blowing behind me as I clutched onto my sword, Rose. The Boss's attention turned towards me, but it was too late. I went in for the opening. I cut through his shield breaking it in half as it shattered into a million pieces slowly disappearing.

It angrily roared as it swung down on me bringing down its sword as I stood in place and blocked it with my own perfectly holding my ground. The impact made its' weapon crack bit by bit as I pushed him back with little to no trouble and it's entire sword shattered into nothing. The Boss frantically grabbed its last remaining weapon and as I was about to go in for another attack, I was held back.

"Deactivate" he said softly as I fell back and he took my place clashing swords with the boss repeatedly.

He's wielder of the Trump Card now...

For a split second he lowered his guard and the boss used that chance to strike. He was struck with his other hand and sent flying towards me. I instinctively caught his body so he wouldn't get as much damage.

As his Trump Card I CAN let him die, but something didn't feel right about that...

When I looked up the boss was right on top of us so I hugged the boy closer to me and held my sword over us. As I brought him in closer to me, I locked gazes with him for a split second as I felt his breath on me from the proximity. Fortunately, another player named Agil, appeared and blocked the hit from the boss sending it back.

I quickly pushed the player up while the person he was partnered with earlier raced towards the boss. She jumped high and swung her sword like a bat sending the boss flying to the other side of the room saving the other players.

"All yours" I whispered to the boy walking past him.

I stared at the exit which was only a few feet away. I looked back at the player and him struggling. Luckily, the boy and his partner ended up with the last attacks and together they were able to defeat the boss. I looked back at the door and then to him and let out a sigh as I walked over to his exhausted body sitting down trying to catch his breath. I pulled out a healing potion and threw it to him while everyone began cheering in victory.

"Hidden Trump Card... Alcea Rosea" he said tiredly drinking the potion as I nodded.

"Nice to meet you..." I said softly trailing off looking above his head where it displayed his name "K-"

"...Kirito" he sighed as I stayed quiet hearing the other players calm down thinking it would be best to get out earlier.

"Your Trump Card will always be in your inventory. Activate it when you're in a pinch and I'll come" I said before I used a teleport crystal to get out.

I opened my eyes up to an unfamiliar room, but heard a familiar voice, "welcome, Alcea... Hidden Trump Card of SAO."

I stared at the man before me who is known to me my created as well as father. I bowed a bit as a form of respect as I stared at his sword by his side. Probably the only weapon my sword can't break in this game.

"Hello father Akihiko" I responded softly as he stopped me.

"It's Heathcliff when we're around others ok" he responded as I nodded and he smiled, a smile I was unfamiliar to, "now help me build the strongest guild that this game will ever see."

I looked at him emotionlessly as I nodded my head. It's not like I have a choice.

______________________________

✖️

<<Message>>

From Author
        \\Pic @ top is Alcea//

Mark as

read unread

______________________________