four.

CHAPTER 4

"i just don't know what to do haseul. this woman is making me ultimately quit just so she can make me suffer because one incident. if i go work for her, i'll hardly get to see haeun. if i don't work for her, she will take everything i had saved up for haeun."

jinsoul sighed out as the other girl rubbed her back. they sat in the park while haeun played with bom. today was saturday which was her only day off from the cafe, but that soon would be changing with her new job. she was yet to tell haeun that she wouldn't be there to pick him up anymore. it made her upset just thinking about what his reaction would be.

"there's not much you can do though. this woman is set out on getting revenge and this is just her way of doing it. don't worry about the cafe though, yeojin said she'd take your spot." haseul smiled at the woman as haeun ran up to the two of them with a butterfly in his hand.

"look mama! i caught a butterfly!" he beamed a smile to jinsoul who gave him one back. "remember to let it go though. that butterfly has a family too." she rubbed his head before he nodded at her and ran off. "i'm afraid he's gonna be heartbroken that i won't get to see him after school anymore." a frown appeared on jinsoul's face as she watched her son.

"he'll come around eventually. just spend as much time as you can with him when you get home." haseul smiled at jinsoul giving her reassurance. that small gesture made the older feel better about the situation. "how'd i get so lucky to meet someone like you?"

"it was destiny that we met back in high school."

that's how long jinsoul and haseul had been friends. ever since their freshman year they've been tied at the hip and they both are so grateful for the other. when jinsoul learned she was pregnant, haseul took good care of her.

"haeun mama needs to tell you something okay? come sit on my lap please." jinsoul told him as he played with toys on the floor. he climbed up to her lap and starting twisting a piece of her her around his little finger.

"i won't be able to pick you up from school anymore because i got a new job. aunt jiwoo will stay with you until i get home." jinsoul said softly as haeun frowned. "but mama i want you to pick me up. i like when we are together!" he started to cry thinking about his mom not being there to give him a hug after school.

"i know baby, but this is for you. mama wants to make sure you have the best in life. i promise that i'll give you tons of kisses whenever i come home okay?" haeun crawled off his mom and ran to his room. jinsoul sighed knowing that he was distraught and wouldn't fully be able to understand.

she tiptoed to his room to see him underneath the covers. quiet sniffles filled the room as the sun started to set outside. jinsoul softly sat down next to the boy taking the blanket off of his head. he looked at her with anger as tears rolled down his little cheeks. she wiped the tears with her thumb giving him a smile.

"you know mama loves you right? she's never going to leave you baby. please don't me mad at me. that makes me sad when you are mad." jinsoul spoke softly as haeun crawled in her lap. "m'sorry mama. i promise i'll never be mad at you ever again." he gave her hug as she ran her fingers through his hair.

here's some soft jinsoul and haeun because they are cute 🥺