Twelve

Tobias' POV

~~~

I lie on the couch the rest of the day, while Tris lay on my stomach. I play with her hair that now is longer. She first cut it in Amity. I liked it when she cut it. It made her look stronger, less like a girl. That's when something clicks in my head.

"Tris," I say, "since... um, you were dead for fifteen years, are you thirty one? Or are you still....sixteen?"

She gets up from her position on my stomach and looks at me.

"That's the thing," she says, laughing. "I don't know. Look at me! I still look like I'm sixteen. You are clearly a man now. So I don't know. I'll have to ask Matthew." Tris leans back to her position on my stomach. Her breathing becomes louder and I know that's she's clearly asleep. Before I know it, I'm asleep too.

I'm only sleeping for a few minutes before someone comes in, panting. Christina. I look at her. She looks at me. Then she looks down at my stomach, eyeing Tris, who clearly is still asleep. She shakes her head while tears fall out of her eyes she mouths the word.

Tris.

"Oh my God. Tris! Tris!" Tris hears the excited screams and opens her eyes. She smiles at Christina and gets up, running towards her. As they hold each other in an embrace, Christina says, "You're alive. I...I...I thought you were dead."

"I was." Tris says. "But Matthew made a serum that brought me back." Christina screams at Tris' words. It's nice to see Christina happy for a change. She's usually miserable.

"How'd you know about Tris?" I ask.

"Audrey. She told me. I didn't believe her at all, but her eyes looked so serious. She was telling the truth." Christina says, while looking down at Tris. "What was Audrey's reaction when she saw you, Tris?"

"She was shocked. You could tell, but I think she's happy. I think. Tobias sure is." She leaves Christina's side and walks over to me. She puts her arms around my stomach and puts her head in my chest. I put my nose in her blonde hair. My Tris is right here. I suddenly remember Christina's there.

"Can I get you something to eat, Christina?" I ask. She shakes her head, giving me her answer as no.

"I'd like something, Tobias." Tris says.

"Okay. What?" I say sarcastically.

"Dauntless cake?" She smiles and runs to the fridge taking out the cake that Audrey made.

"I just have a question," Christina says, "Have you guys told Caleb and Evelyn about Tris?"

Caleb. That traitor. He sacrificed Tris so he could live. I think to myself. I really do hate Caleb. I always have. I think he hated me too, since I was dating his sister and all.

"Um, no. I guess I'll have to." Tris smiles and digs into her cake. I do, too.