Eleven

Tobias' POV

~~~

"What was that?" Tris says after Audrey ran out of the door, slamming it. "Why would she talk to you like that?" Tris looks at me, her eyes filled with questions.

Should I tell her about our relationship? Or should I lie, telling her nothing? I was angry when Tris didn't tell me that she killed Will.

"Are you and Audrey okay?" Tris asks.

No. Yes. What should I say? I do something unexpected. I burst out in sobs. I cradle my face in my hands and cry. I don't care that Tris is there watching me. I just need to let it out.

"Well.." Tris says. "I have my answer." She comes over to me and rubs my back, saying soothing words.

After I'm finished with my sobbing, Tris sits next to me. She clearly wants answers about my tears, so I decide to tell her, "Tris, I've been so terrible to Audrey. She reminded me too much of you, I could never make a relationship happen. I could tell that she wanted someone like a parent to talk to, but every time she attempted to talk to me, I would blow up at the most innocent question. I blew It, Tris!" I say, while letting out sobs. "I was never there for her. She is my pride and joy. I love her so much. I just couldn't fix it while I had the chance. I failed as a father. I'm my father. I didn't beat her, but I emotionally abused her." I look at Tris. She has tears in her eyes. Will she forgive me?

She looks at me, shakes her head, and says, "We all make mistakes, Tobias. We all do. You can fix this, though. You hurt her. If she doesn't ever forgive you, you'll have to understand. You never forgave your father."

"I tried to, Tris. I almost did, but then he blew it."

"Tobias, there's a chance you did that too. Maybe she tried to forgive you; tried to give you a second chance. Maybe you blew it again. You can try, Tobias. Try to regain a relationship. Please do. If you're wondering, I forgive you, as long as you gain a relationship again. Losing someone's hard. I understand why you couldn't look at Audrey the same. I love you." She leans in and presses her lips to mine. I always get a feeling when she kisses me. I almost forgot what that feeling felt like.

As she releases her lips from mine, I say back, "I love you, too."