Seven

Tris' POV

~~~

As Audrey leads me into the house, I see in her eyes excitement, yet worry. I probably should've waited, until I told Audrey that I'm mother. I should've let her get to know me better. She's probably still in shock.

She leads me into the kitchen of the house. It's just like how I remember my abnegation kitchen. It's so plain. Audrey looks me in the eyes, and runs up the stairs. I take a moment to take in the smells. I vaguely remember Tobias's smell. I sniff trying to pick up his smell. I also think about Audrey. She's my daughter. I just met my daughter. She's so beautiful. She's so small. She's fifteen. She's my daughter. That replays in my head, until Audrey comes running down the stairs, holding a square object. She stands a foot away from me, looks at the square object, looks up at me, looks down and then speaks up turning the object in my direction, "Are you sure you're my mother? She died. How is it possible that you can be alive? Sure, this girl in the picture looks like you..." She points to me in the photograph, then she hesitates to speak, "Maybe mom had a twin. Are you her twin?"

I chuckle at that. I do understand why Audrey's acting like this. Matthew warned me. He sure was right. "I am. Have you met a man named Matthew?" She nods at my answer. "Well, these past fifteen years, he's been working on a serum that can bring people back to life. He kept my body frozen and a month ago, he revived me. I am Tris, Audrey. Please believe me." She looks at me, her eyes glossy with tears. I notice mine are too. We stand looking at each other for a moment then she does something unexpected. She runs up and embraces me.

As we stay in each others embrace for a few moments, she says something also unexpected, "I believe you."

**********

Audrey and I have had so many conversations. It's been four hours, but it seems like only minutes. She's so precious. She's mine. My daughter. She brings us some food. I recognize it right away. Dauntless cake. She cuts us each a piece. "You made this?" I ask as I shove some down my throat.

"Yes. Dad got the ingredients last week, so I've been making it lots." She says with a giggle. "Christina showed me how to make it."

Christina! My best friend. "Christina. How's she doing." I ask while trying to hold in my excitement.

"Good. Yeah, she lives about ten minutes from here. I visit her lots. She makes really good dauntless cake too."

I smile and ask, "Caleb? Is he good."

"I never see him. Dad doesn't let me. Him and Caleb are kind of enemies, you could say. I don't know why, but they are."

I know why.

I sacrificed myself for Caleb. Tobias must be angry that Caleb let me. Tobias is one to hold grudges, if he needs to.

"Mom." She stops and giggles. "Sorry, calling someone mom is it kind of weird. Are you glad to be alive, or would you rather be back at wherever you were?"

I take a moment to consider this answer, even though I already know. "Yes. I get to see Tobias, and my daughter. That's everything that's going to make me happy."

Just as I say that, someone opens the door. Tobias.

As he enters the house, I look at Audrey. She has a look of happiness and disgust on her face. I don't know why disgust, but I hope to know soon. Tobias locks the door, and turns to our direction. "Hello, Audrey. Did you get supper?" He doesn't notice me,but I see him blinking his eyes. He's probably thinking he sees double. "Audrey? Do you have a friend over?" Audrey doesn't answer. He looks at me.

I decide to speak up. "Hello Tobias."

🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱

Just a question do you like how it's in Tris's Tobias's and Audrey's point of view? Or would you rather it just being in Audrey's? I was just thinking that it may be confusing. So just let me know what you think. Anyways;
Remember to vote.
Remember to comment.
Remember to be you. ( does that sound cheesy? I think that sound cheesy)