Strumming [fem-reader]

Her soft yet calloused fingers delicately strummed the acoustic guitar, creating a pattern of notes that is were heard by ears they would somehow become entranced. The sound of the guitar became so comforting and a sort of coping mechanism for [Y/N]. Of course, she wasn't complaining. She finally had something to exert her energy to. [Y/N] was seated in the sunny, breezy park. The air felt like a splash a cold in her lungs, so wonderfully fresh. The soft dewy green grass was lush under her shoes, and only added to the almost unreal experience. After finishing with the collection of beautiful cords, [Y/N] put her head back, sighing at the relaxation that went throughout her body.

[Y/N]'s head returned back up, her eyes drifting over the numerous people in the park. Her eyes took a sudden halt when she noticed a crying boy on a bench on the other side of the small park pond. From this distance, she could see his head in his hands, and his back hunched. She felt something tug at her heart slightly, feeling bad for the lone teen on the bench. The boy slightly looked up, peering at her. [Y/N] quickly turned away, feeling slightly embarrassed from the boy catching her gaze. The girl heard the shifting of wood, and before she could do anything, the boy had sat next to her.

"Hi," was all he said. Just, 'hi'. [Y/N] felt a bubble of confusion wrap around her head. Her eyes continued to look at the boy, her curiosity showing. "I'm uhm, Sean. I like your music." His nose twitched slightly as he sniffled, and the sleeve of his jacket was brought up to wipe the wet nose.

"I'm [Y/N]. And thanks...it means a lot." She looked over to the small baby pond, trying to avoid the awkward tension that was slowly but surely building up. "So ah, are you okay?"

Sean noticeably shifted. He knew he might as well answer the girl since he invaded her alone time. "Girl stuff. I tried to confess today and...well. Turns out her boyfriend didn't like that too much," he said, chuckling sadly. The girl had unwrapped a worried expression on her face, becoming concerned for the poor boy. She understood what it was like to be rejected, and hell she knew the disappointment it brought upon someone.

"Oh uhm, that sucks. Here," she said, placing the guitar in his hands. "Just play, it helps." [Y/N] gave a soft and gentle smile to the sad boy. Sean's eyes had widened and his mouth fell slightly open. She giggled at his reaction and looked at him expectantly. His fingers slowly reached to the front of the base, and softly strummed the strings, playing the basic notes of the instrument. [Y/N] had simply listened as his fingers experimented with the strings.

-
this is just a short filler chapter to get back in the swing of writing. i hope you guys enjoyed!!