New [ shy fem-reader ]

Old cardboard boxes filled up the new garage of her new family's home. It was a bit small, a bit big. Just right. [Y/N]'s family had moved into a small but peaceful town to start fresh. A new job for her mother, and a new school for [Y/N]. She excitedly went to her room to begin decorating. Small pictures of her old friends were pinned to the wall, and fairy lights were hung around. The sheets were clean and fresh, just like her supposed new life. After weeks of moving, it was finally done with and now they could relax just a bit longer before her mother started the job and [Y/N] went to school.

[Y/N] wouldn't lie to herself, she was nervous. Being that weird transfer student in the middle of the year was tricky. Everyone knew everyone but her. She just hoped there was someone outgoing that would talk to her. As her head continued to ponder about tomorrow, her mother came in with some fast food and placed it on her desk, giving [Y/N] a small smile and a wink before leaving. [Y/N] opened the greasy brown bag and chomped down the food while watching a random videos on the internet.

-

It was the next morning, and the first day of attending [Y/N]'s new school. She stared at her reflection for a long time, scanning herself from every angle. Since the school didn't require an up-right dress schedule, she had to make sure she worse her best but most comfortable clothes. 'I hope I'm ready.'

[Y/N] walked to her solid [f/c] book bag and slung it over her shoulders. She grabbed her phone and headed out the door after hugging her mom goodbye. She walked to the bus stop, which was luckily super close by. Her mom and she observed when and where the students got off and on the school bus earlier in the week to make sure where [Y/N] would have to go. Glad she did, or she'd be lost of the complete darkness of the morning. Once she arrived to the bus stop, and sat down on the pavement near the road. [Y/N] came a tad early, because there's nothing worse than being new and late. She tapped on her phone, playing and scrolling through a few things. She continued to play until she heard the shuffling of grass, and turned her head towards it. A boy, maybe her age, was doing small dance moves as his earphones blasted. [Y/N] could only make out small snippets of string and fast verses, coming to the conclusion he was solo-partying to rap. He suddenly stopped abruptly as he made eye contact with the girl sitting, his face steadily becoming more red from embarrassment.

"Uhm hi," he said, pausing his music and putting one of his headphone plugs out of his ear. She chuckled slightly at his actions. What a goofball.

"Hey. I see you're enjoying your morning," she said, tucking a random stray hair behind her ear.

"I haven't really seen you around here...did your car bust down or something?" He said, assuming she drove a car daily considering he'd never seen her at the bus stop he's so familiar with.

"Uhm, no. I'm new," she averted her eyes as she spoke, suddenly feelings a wave of embarrassment for no reason.

"Oh, cool! What's your-"

"Hey Sean!" A hurried voice called out, cutting the boy off. Sean.

"Oh hey what's up!" He fist bumped the running girl as they exchanged greetings. Eventually the girl's eyes landed on the [h/c] haired girl.

"Yo hey! My names Lyla!" she said, exuberantly. At this point, [Y/N] was standing up, and she reluctantly fist bumped Lyla, a little startled at her excitement.

"I'm [Y/N]," she said, giving a small closed smile.

"Oh my god! You're so cute," she smiled and got out her phone. "Don't wanna be so pushy, but I feel like we'd be good friends." Lyla signaled for [Y/N] to get out her phone and trade numbers. She laughed softly and complied, trading numbers with the extremely out-going Lyla. She could see herself having a lot of fun with her in the future.