Rebound [ fem-reader ]

[ A/N: i know it's been a while, but episode 3 just completely knocked my off my feet. I wanted to write this because I felt like it was a really cool prompt. I don't know the next time i'll update, since the schedule is a bit scattered. Also Sean Diaz listens to Gorillaz??? Anyway, hope you enjoy!]

-

[ s e a n   p . o . v .]

Lyla and Sean were on the way to the party. The sun melted across the horizon, dark following soon after. Sean was excited, he had everything prepared to woo Jenn, blanket, weed, munchies, beer, and protection. Lyla could only laugh at his excited aura, while nodding her head to the music playing on the radio. The night was still young, and a lot was expected to happen.

When the two teens arrived at the already chaotic party, they rung the door bell. A few seconds later, a stoned guy with a blue tee gave them a sloppy smile and motioned them inside. Sean followed Lyla inside, but instantly lost her due to the crowd of people. Sean could feel himself sweat and he slowly made himself towards the kitchen. It was only slightly less crowded than the halls and the living room, but it would work. Sean served himself cheap fruit punch, which he hoped only contained that. There was never a young teenage party where you didn't question the beverages. It tasted like water and sugar, but he wasn't about to start complaining right when he walked in. Instead, he slowly made his way over to the dance floor, or the living room.

Sean was on mission, which was to find Jenn and at least kiss her at the end of the night. So as he made his way over, he scanned the dancing and sweaty bodies for purple and blue hair. There were loads of dyed hairs across the floor, but he saw the splash of vibrant blue slightly at the corner of his eye. Turning, he made his way towards the hint of color to hope to meet up with her.  His face slightly heated up at the thought of the two dancing so close. Shaking his head, he pushed through a few people to see Jenn. But she wasn't alone. Of course she wasn't, she's Jenn. The hot girl in class, right? How'd he think he stood a chance? To him. There, dancing right alongside Jenn, his hands around her waist and his lips touching hers, Alex towered over her small frame. Alex was the average good-looking rich kid. Sean could understand why Jenn would want to be with him, but what he didn't understand is how she lead him on. Was she leading me on? Sean didn't even know at this point. All he knew was the sharp pain in his chest and his heavy breathing. He slowly made his way back over to the kitchen to try to regain himself.

The kitchen was now overcrowded and Sean wouldn't be able to get through. Instead, he went upstairs and to the first unlocked bedroom he could find. Luckily, it was empty. Sean noticed a balcony and decided to get some fresh air. When he opened the clear sliding door, warm and humid air relaxed on his skin and he leaned over the bar to peer at the street below. It was a quiet night beside the club music coming from the house. Sean sighed deeply and put his head in his hands. He really liked her. He really did. Maybe she gave hints? Maybe she secretly told him she was into someone else and he just hadn't noticed? Sean felt absolutely stupid. It was a couple of moments before he heard the door behind him slide open and close. Sean was of course immediately confused and turned around to see a girl around his age. Her hair framed her face perfectly and her outfit fit her perfectly to the point where Sean couldn't help but find her extremely cute.

"Hey," she said, giving the boy a slight smile. 'Did I lock the door?'

"Uhm hi." Sean quickly wiped his eyes and coughed, trying to seem as least awkward as possible. The girl let out a small chuckle and walked over to him, leaning on the rail next to him.

"You good buddy?"  Her shoulder now touched Sean, his nose catching her almost lavender like scent. Her face was forward and her eyes looked straight ahead.