[Chapter Forty-Seven] Mari

Chapter Forty-Seven – Mari

What the fuck am I going to do? Marla was home when I got there and I brought her to the room to explain after Lex blurted out we saw him at the park, I was freaking out and she was trying to calm me down and as soon as she did she smacked me in the arm and told me I was stupid and that I better get my ass over there now.

It didn’t matter I would be an hour early, she pushed me out the door with my purse and I reluctantly went to main gate to meet him and he was already there too. I pulled up beside him and he gestured for me to get in his car and I groaned, this would mean that I can’t leave, I would have to wait for him to take me back to my car.

I got out and sat in the passenger seat rather uncomfortably, he said nothing but I glanced at him and he was tense, his hand was gripping the wheel a little too tight and his jaw was clenched. When we got to his place we both got out in silence and I followed behind him to his apartment.

At this point I didn’t know what to day. I have never felt this level of guilt before and he had every right to be angry with me, I just, I was afraid of him and I hated that I was but he didn’t do well when he was angry and I didn’t want him to lose it like the last time.

He slammed the door shut behind me and I jumped and I stayed with my back to him.

“Look at me.” he demanded and I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and when I didn’t turn to look at him he physically turned me around to face him “Damn it, look at me.” he yelled and I looked up to meet his eye.

“I’m sorry.” I probably meant nothing but it was all I had.

“Sorry, you’re fucking sorry? Is that all you have to say?” he asked and I wrapped my arms around myself and shrugged.

“I don’t know what else to say.” I whispered and glanced down again he stepped toward me and I reacted and stepped back but I felt my back hit the door and he was right in my personal space.

“Stop acting like a fucking child Josephine.” His fist hit the door beside me and I jumped again and I looked up at him, he had no right to call me that. I told him that out of confidence, I’ve never told anyone that before and he’s using it against me?

“Don’t you dare call me that.” I said trying to remain as calm as I could

“Why? You hate her because she was a coward and weak, well guess what changing your name doesn’t make it go away, you are who you are Josephine.”

“I am not her anymore.” I pushed him and he stepped closer.

“How could you keep this from me, why the fuck didn’t you tell me!” he yelled and every time he raised his voice it infuriated me more

“Stop yelling at me, I’m not a fucking child.” I put my hands on his chest and pushed again, I didn’t want him near me.

“Maybe I wouldn’t have to if you weren’t acting like one. Grow up and take some god damn responsibility. You ran away like a coward, you’re nothing but a scared manipulative little girl who puts all the blame on everyone else so grow the hell up and just admit that it was childish for you to run away, that it was fucked up not to fucking tell me you’re pregnant.” He was in my face again and I was fuming.

Childish, I never got a god damn childhood! That was stolen from me and I had no choice to grow up if I wanted to live, you had to find a way to survive and I found mine. I pay my bills; I raise my daughter and so fucking what if I’m not good with relationships.

They’re all bullshit and I don’t want to spend my life fucking arguing with someone and being talked down to.

“Why does my child concern you?” I asked him and I knew I would regret this but I was so damn angry and I wanted to hurt him as much as he was hurting me right now, he knew better than to call me that.