EXTRA 8. The Coffee, Milk and Tea

COFFEE

∞Kelly, a coffeeshop owner

Every morning is a war. 

Greetings here, order there, stirring here and paying there. It was a jungle especially every exam week wherein students keep trying to maintain their eyes open. Everything was in a rush and we have to move fast for the customers. We couldn't care less if they woke up late, was left by their bus or had forgotten their revisions. We would just smile and serve them their coffee.

It was a typical Saturday morning - less people and more time to relax and listen to good music. I was just wiping the counter when the door chime resounded indicating that someone walked in. I barked my usual greetings, eyes fixed on the stain. However, it was the scent that wafted on my nostrils and the way the room became quiet that made me look up. 

And there she was, walking like a princess who just got off from her pumpkin ride. Although this time, she was just wearing a turtleneck blouse and denim pants with a coat on her arms. The sly wind from the open door must have wanted us to gawk at her for it sent her hair flying – good thing it was short and tied - but it didn't lessen how it has emphasized her beauty. Her chocolate brown eyes were so mesmerizing – I wasn't even aware that they were already in front of me and staring back. And now it has a voice. 

Oh, she was talking!

"-anything coffee, I think."

"Y-yes?" I stammered, suddenly panicking inside, checking if my mouth wasn't left hanging. "What's your order again?"

She smiled timidly. "Coffee. Hot."

"I-I mean, what coffee?" I couldn't take my eyes off from her long lashes and those cute freckles that adorn her nose.

Callie Boulstridge is truly dropdead gorgeous. I think I would never find someone with the same caliber as her. Everyone at school already knew how beautiful she was, but it seemed the gossips were true - she was even prettier upclose.

And today, she had this different glow on her.

She kept looking at the menu overhead, biting her lower lip as if she was thinking of something serious like how to sneak a bomb inside a church without any one noticing.

"Espresso..?" I supplied.

Then the chime clinked again and there, standing at the doorway was our Alpha. I stiffened and looked down in respect. Alpha was very nice but he has this dangerous aura in him that makes you want to just diminish into an insect and make him offer you to frogs.

He was just in a casual shirt and jeans but when he walked in, my coffeehouse shrunk and breathing suddenly became a voluntary thing. 

When he stepped behind Callie, my face warmed up as I saw him placed both his hands on each side of the counter, trapping her inside his arms. With Callie's head barely reaching his shoulder, it looked like a cute scene from a chick-flick movie. 

As he read the menu, his scent drifted in the air and my blush grew deeper. I realized it was what I was smelling at Callie. 

It was the way he leaned and placed his lips on Callie's ear, murmuring how he liked his coffee black, the way the innocent Callie didn't even falter and repeated what Alpha just said and to make it two, the way Alpha pulled away and placed one of his hands on her waist... And it was the way they looked at each other that I knew this glow was a postcoital bliss. 

But it seemed Alpha didn't even plan on hiding it. He was never like this with any girls, even Phoebe. Never.

I handed them the drinks, my eyes wavering as my weak heart couldn't handle too much radiance in front of me.