EXTRA 3. The Mr. Caldwell

Rhea, a secretary

I've been Mr. Caldwell's secretary for about three years now. Others would have envied me, but honestly, I would prefer to be anywhere else other than here - preferably at home and take care of my three kids.

Don't get me wrong. Mr. Caldwell is a very nice and understanding person. He never gets mad and always helps us if there's any problem. He is very "hands-on" and you would never wish for a better boss.

But he is a perfectionist... and very, very organized (I would want to raise that word to 99 powers but English language never works that way.)

He wants everything on time and if you missed something by a minute - you could try again after 14 minutes. Apparently because he only looks at his table on 15-minute basis since he wants the hands of his watch to be on only four directions: 3, 6, 9 and 12.

Another weird thing about it was the placement of his documents. He wants them neatly piled with all the page markers aligned and the papers on a spot not too near the edge that they may fall down and not too far that he would have to lean when grabbing it.

Everything in his room is so organized that he knows every small details of it.

One time, I went inside his empty office to borrow some files and return his pen. I took a little bit of time since he wants all the tips of his pen facing down. When I was about to leave, my elbow hit his table lamp. When he returned a little bit later, he asked me if I went into his room because the angle of his lamp in comparison with the carpet has changed.

I've decided right there and then, I would more likely to die on extreme anxiety than a cardiac arrest.

Many girls are jealous of me because they all want to be under Mr. Caldwell - on job and perhaps even on bed. He is their real-life "Christian Gray".

When they asked me about my secret, I just told them to study calligraphy. They laughed at me, but I was serious. He had said numerous times that he hired me because he likes my handwriting - it was pleasant on the eyes and has equal spacing. I just smiled, not really getting his point.

Mr. Gray, er, Mr. Caldwell is a very collected person. I have never seen him panic. He has everything under control. That's why I could never forget this day when I saw him at his most vulnerable.

I was preparing his coffee - which has to have a 1:15 coffee:water ratio and 2 mL of condensed milk - and was arranging the angle of the spoon when I heard noise from the inside of his office followed by loud curses. The door suddenly opened revealing a very flustered face of Mr. Caldwell, his hands and suit drenched from water. He told me to call a repairman ASAP and before I could answer back, he has rushed in.

When I have recovered from shock, I grabbed my phone from the desk and was about to dial when I heard a loud noise of something breaking followed by a hissing sound. I went inside and gasped as I saw him bent down on the bathroom floor, looking for something among the broken marble of the sink and puddles of water.

He was cursing nonstop - not minding that the tubes were leaking and water was spraying on his suit. It was a minute before he sighed with relief. He stood up and walked out, loosening his tie and unbuttoning his shirt.

"Just call a repairman," he said, going back to his old self as if nothing happened.

I nodded.

He went over his drawer and got one of his million sanitizing alcohol and poured generous amount on something on his hands before wiping it. He then raised and I saw it glinting under the sunlight.

It was his wedding ring.

He must be washing his face when it slipped from his fingers and fell on the hole of the sink.

I saw him placing it on his fourth finger. However, it seemed loose so he tried wearing it on his middle finger. It fit and he stared at it for a minute before he faced me, running his fingers along the damp strands of his hair.

"And food... Get me some food. I need to gain weight."

I just nodded and went to call the repairman.

Everyone knows Mr. Caldwell is a widower but no one has ever seen his late wife. No photos or anything. Only rumors have reached our ears saying she was very, very pretty.

I never asked him about her.

But I have two things that I know about him... I mean three, now that I have witnessed something spectacular.

1. He is a very organized person.

2. He must love his wife so much for he never had any woman beside him for almost ten years.

3. He has two precious things on his life: one is his wedding ring and two is a painting of a dandelion hanging on his office.

I always catch him staring at it like it was his lifeline or something. But the most curious thing is the handwritten message on its bottom saying,

To my love Zeke,

I hope you see me flashing my light because I'll always wait for you until you find me.

From your Callie