≑ Chapter Thirty Five

To SomeSenseHere, for not giving up on this book. Thank you!

A/N:

This chapter originally contains mature scenes appropriate for readers above 18 years of age. However, some of you might find them disturbing so I created a separate PRIVATE CHAPTER containing just those you-need-to-be-cleansed-with-holy-water-after scenes that may or may not change your perspective about angels.

To put it simply, it is NOT REQUIRED to read the private chapter since it only contains the explicit version of the mature scenes. There will still be those scenes at this chapter but I made them milder and shorter but, don't fret, you can still understand the whole story.

∞ 35 ∞

CALLIE

Bright red light stared back at me as I peered down the round mirror firmly clasped between my quivering fingers. It was flashing a number, a single digit I know I should have anguished or cried about, but strangely I just looked at it blankly.

Cold wind slapped my thighs, telling me that the dawn was approaching, bringing with it the chilly wind of November. The sound of rain droplets hitting the smooth tiles of the balcony and the whistle of the wind as they passed through the sleeping leaves of the trees outside were almost diminishing. The brief rain had turned into drizzle but the winter air still lingered, drowning me as I looked back at the mirror on my hands.

I could not see anything though. My vision pierced through the innate glass staring back at me as One's words kept knocking inside my head.

You are created to die for him.

There was no way out of this.

The life that was meant for him but ended up giving you.

After everything he told me, those were only the sentences I could remember. It was heartbreaking to know that my best friend shouldn't have lived, and because he actually lived, his error for being a half-angel should be amended by creating another faulty being to complete him.

And it was me.

It should be romantic in a sense but I would die in order to make him whole. To put it simply, my sole purpose in life was to die.

But surprisingly, it was not why I cried for hours in the dark, it was not why I felt so frustrated and hurt.

It was because we are not mates.

The only reason I was clutching into us - my only console on this twisted story- was the fact that we were meant to be together, that whatever happened, we would always meet at the end.

But it was not the case.

We were meant to be separated by death. I would die for him to make him whole and maybe, after that, he could find the one that was meant for him.

I had always thought we were a pair of butterflies, those creatures with beautiful wings that move in figures of eight, in shape of infinity. However, it turned out he was a broken one and I was his brand new wing delivered to be pasted on his shoulders so he could fly and meet another of his species.

It was so painful that the sole thing you were so certain about turned out to be the last thing that would ever happen.

Does Zeke know about this? Did he found her? Is she nice? I hope she would be. No, I know she is. Someone nice and beautiful is the only one suited for him.