EXTRA 1. Gabriel's Alphabet

A/N: 

This extra chapter is the 1st of 8th and our biggest "WHAT IF...?" 

What if Callie and Zeke had children? Enjoy the point of view of Gabriel: their eldest son .

Rated M for letters E,K,M,N,V. 

ALCOHOL

My parents always take turns in preparing my things but my school bag would always have an element of surprise. When you open it, it's either there's something missing or there's a sanitizing alcohol in the pocket.

BEES

One day, Mom called me and whispered to give a bottle to Dad. I did and, for the first time, I saw my Dad shout from fright and jumped on top of a table.

My Mom was laughing so hard and I was left there, confused, as I hold a bottle of bees in my hands.

CHOCOLATE

The Alphas of Licorice have one thing in common: they have black hair and sapphire eyes. But as I brush my teeth, I think it wouldn't be anymore because as I look at my reflection – all I can see is chocolate. And I love them just because they were like my Mom's.

DIRT

Everyone knows my Dad hates dirt – it's one thing he despised the most in this world. But as I curled beside him, shaking, I realized he also hates another thing for he was almost in tears as he hugged me and placed cold compress on my feverish head, lulling me to sleep.

EARS

Uncle Tim is the best uncle in the world. He would always visit us and play a game with me. But one day, he suddenly covered my ears when Dad and Mom started fighting about "needs", "position" and "jobs". Uncle Tim said I would understand it someday.

FRECKLES

Parents always look forward to any of our school's activity – especially the fathers. When I asked my teacher about it, he told me it's because they will see her again - the red-haired beauty with freckles. He then told me not to tell Dad. But I did, and he just laughed and said that he's used to it.

That night, my Dad got extra sweet with Mom.

GIFT

My dad rarely buys things for Mom. They seem to have this secret agreement not to do so. But one day, my Dad came to pick me up and brought me to a mall.

As I sat on a bench, a new toy in my hands, Dad called me and showed me something.

"What do you think?" he asked.

I nodded in agreement and he bought it. It's their anniversary and I know Mom would love the necklace for its pendant is a red comet.

HAIR

Dad and I were playing chess when we heard a scream from the patio. We were there in a blink and I saw Mom with red stains on her shirt and arms surrounded by brushes, pencils and papers on the floor. She was saying sorry and telling us how the paint bottle slipped from her hands.

I heard Dad sighed and grabbed a rag from the corner. However, before he started cleaning, he went behind my Mom and tied her messy hair.

He always does that and Mom clearly enjoys it.

ICE

Dad once told me to bring him ice chips. I did and I saw him giving it to Mom who had just came out from the toilet after throwing up her breakfast. She was a mess but Dad wasn't bothered and was even smiling from ear to ear while holding a calendar on his hands.