≑ Chapter Twelve

To jackie252525 who always patiently waits for my updates.  <3

∞ 12 ∞

CALLIE

Instead of copying the overwhelming formulas our teacher was writing on the board, my eyes were busy staring at a couple seating side by side, three rows before us. With the slim shoulder of the girl resting comfortably on the right arm of the guy, the brunette strands of her hair seemed to mix with the guy's black hair. With just their close proximity, Zeke and Phoebe were already shouting to the world their mutual feelings with each other.

I couldn't help but sigh.

Zeke had said it to me the other day, right? That I shouldn't have looked for him... That he was now happy and he didn't need me anymore. He showed to me yesterday that he would prioritize his girlfriend over and over again no matter what. 

What do I really wanted from him?

Was it a simple apology from his mouth or just a proper goodbye? Did I want an affirmation from him that we were still best friends? Or was I anticipating a much closer relationship with him?

"What's the long sigh for?"

Out of nowhere, I heard a gruff voice along with a soft breeze brushing my ear. Turning my head, I was startled when my lips almost hit the nose of someone beside me.  My eyes immediately landed on a couple of black, merciless orbs. 

Drake's. 

Panic settled on my gut. With his face very close to mine, I could almost feel his breath fanning my cheeks. Before I could push him away, I felt a strong hand grasped my left thigh and hastily went underneath my skirt. Not a second later, it travelled fast through my inner thigh, unmistakably aiming towards the area between my legs.

Bile suddenly rose up to my throat. I grabbed his assaulting hand and, with all my mustered strength, I tried holding it off while pulling away my body from his. He resisted for a couple of moments when a realization flickered through his eyes. He loosened up his hold immediately and a gasp came out of my mouth as I lost my balance and stumbled off on my chair.

I almost fell to the floor but he quickly seized my left arm, steadying me. Goosebumps trailed down my limbs from the firm contact. I yanked him away, giving him a glare. However, he just reciprocated with a malicious look and a lick of his lips.

My heart beating hard, I recalled Phoebe saying that he had attacked a girl before. I thought that perhaps it was only a rumor because he didn't touch or even talk to me yesterday. But today, as I stared at the clear malign on his eyes, would I be his next victim? 

Like a raging bullet, his hand took hold of my left wrist and lifted it. "Nice bracelet," he said, as his large greasy fingers clenched around the brown leather. I yelped in pain as I felt him crushing my wrist bones. "I wonder if this really should be the one for you."

Horrified, I forcibly tear away my hand from his and stood up abruptly. My chair rocked violently and it fell on the floor afterwards, producing a loud thud across the quiet room.

The teacher peered at me, puzzled. "Anything wrong, Ms. Boulstridge?"

With my throat dry, I tried speaking but instead of my voice, only heavy puffs of air came out of my mouth. I was already panting, I didn't know.  

I stood there, staring back at the teacher who was regarding me with bewilderment. "Do you wanna say something?"

Rattled, I glanced at Drake. His pierced lips were smirking at me and as I looked back at his barren eyes, I felt myself vomiting.