Two: the Nightmare

Lily lays in bed later that night, Yoshimori had gotten home early (because of Masamori, Lily didn’t have to heal anyone tonight) and he slept in his bed. Lily couldn’t sleep for some reason and she hated it. Then the next thing she knew, she fell asleep.

I stood there in total darkness, my chocolate hues looked around, I was getting scared.

Lily!” shouted a voice behind me. I gasped and looked back seeing no one behind me, strange, why did it echo? “Lily!?

I looked back seeing no one around me, what the hell was going on? I began to panic, my heart began racing, my breath hitched my throat tightly and I began shaking heavily, I closed my chocolate brown eyes tightly and tried blocking out the noise,

Lily, why did you leave me here to die?

Get out of my head please,” I begged quietly grabbing my head, I couldn’t take any more of this, “Please, I’m begging you to get out of my head,”

Why did you leave me to die, I thought you loved me,

Lily gasped awake and felt tears on her cheeks, she touched her cheeks gently and wiped away her tears, Lily didn’t want to be alone tonight she got on her hands and knees and crawled towards Yoshimori. Her braided two toned hair fell over her shoulders,

“Yoshi,” Lily gently shook him with tears lightly falling down her cheeks quietly, “Yoshi,”

“Hmmm?” Yoshimori said opening his eyes seeing Lily sitting on her knees with her hands resting on her lap, “What’s wrong, Iris?”

“I had a nightmare and I don’t wanna be alone,” Lily said through her tears, Yoshimori nodded and scooted over for her to lie next to him, she did and dug her head under his chin, and he put his hand on her arm, consoling her while she slept. “Thank you, Yoshi~ ♪”

“No problem, princess,” Yoshimori murmured and smiled as she fell asleep, he kissed her head and fell asleep himself.

~ ღ ~

Lily woke up the next day in Yoshimori’s bed, Yoshimori was gone and she looked around, the Kekkai was still up so that means Yoshimori didn’t want Lily to be bothered, Lily gently smiled and got up while the Kekkai disappeared while she walked out of the room rubbing her bed head, wow she had a rough night.

“Lii, you’re up,” Her father, Shuji, said with a smile, Lily smiled and nodded with a yawn escaping her lips, “Heard you had a rough night, you okay?”

“Just a little nightmare, I’m fine dad, I promise,” Lily smiled assuring him while sitting down by the table, her braid hair falling over her shoulders, she took them out of her braids and brushed through her hair, untying the knots that appeared there, “Where’s Yoshi?” asked the young girl,

Shuji looked at her with a questionable look on his face, “You know, Yoshimori didn’t really say where he was going today,” Shuji told her honestly, and Lily nodded. “My guess he’s in town, would you mind picking me up some stuff there?”

“Sure,” Lily nodded and grabbed the list from her dad and kissed his cheek and ran to her and Yoshimori’s room and changed into a blue knee high floral skirt with matching sandals, and a blue camisole, she grabbed her bag and smiled. “I’m leaving!”

“Have fun dear,” Shuji said and Lily nodded, quickly running off.

~ ღ ~

Lily looked around in the shops for what she was looking for, and when she found them Lily grabbed them and put them in her basket she brought from home. Lily walked around a little bit and looked at the apple there, someone bumped into her and she fell down. Everything fell out of her basket and onto the ground.

“Ow…” She moaned in pain rubbing her rear, while looking up with one eye open and saw no one there, Lily blinked and got up with the help of someone, and she looked back seeing Yoshimori. “Yoshi!”

“Hey, you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, what bumped into me?”

“I’m not sure, here; I did the liberty of picking these up for you.” Yoshimori said picking up her basket and handing it to her. She grabbed it and smiled, thanking him quietly. “Did dad send you out here?”

Lily nodded, “He did. He wanted me to pick up some things since I was looking for you anyway,”

“Why were you looking for me?”

“I wanted to thank you for last night,” Lily smiled and went to the cash register and handed the man the basket and turned to Yoshimori. “You know, after that nightmare.”

“Don’t worry about it, we’ve been doing that since we were little so you don’t need to thank me, Lily,” Yoshimori said, -“$3.50 please,”- “Besides, I’m glad to help when you have your nightmares.”

Lily handed him the yen and grabbed the basket and started walking off, “No I get that Yoshi, I do, it’s just every time you do that for me, I feel like I should do something for you, you know?”

Yoshimori put his hands behind his head and followed her home, since it was a Saturday afternoon; they had the day off from school. Lily smiled the whole way home and saw something following Yoshimori; she blinked and ignored it for the time being.

~ ღ ~

Lily, the next day, stood beside Yoshimori as he was baking something. Lily coughed a little bit and watched him; he glanced back beside him and saw Lord Uro staring back at him. Lily was a little scared of this but ignored it. Lily watched Yoshimori bake doughnuts and boy did they smell good.

“I’m going outside,” Lily excused herself while walking off. When she walked out of the kitchen and outside, she began having a coughing fit. She held her chest while coughing and landed on her knees and felt metallic substance falling into her hand.

Damn, I’m getting sick again.’ Lily thought while looking at her hand, and then she began crying because of chest pains and she leaned against the wall with her legs curled up against her chest. ‘I wish I wasn’t always sick!

Shuji walked outside seeing her there crying and holding her chest and ran up to her and touched her head. Lily opened her eyes pained and cried out in pain quietly. Shuji frowned and rubbed her head gently, seeing as it calms her. Lily stopped shaking and finally passed out.