Seven: Torn Apart

Lily stayed in the dark room knees curled up to her chest and head resting on them. Arms curled up around them, as she looked ahead. The cat lay by her feet sleeping and purring, the young girl looked down with dull chocolate brown eyes and sighed.

'I can't go back there; I just can't...what if...what if I get kidnapped again...?' Lily thought and dug her face in her knees, 'Yoshimori won't be able to save me again...'

The door opened, Lily looked up seeing Shuji, he shut the door bringing in some water and some snacks, Shuji smiled at his daughter seeing her wound wrapped up.

"Just get better and come out when you're ready, okay?" Lily nodded and he left the room, Lily looked at the plate seeing Miso soup with a couple dinner rolls and some carrots on the side. She grabbed the water and drank it gently feeling the cool liquid go down her throat.

She put it down, grabbed her Miso soup and blew on it gently cooling it down; she grabbed her spoon and began eating it. She put it down grabbing the dinner rolls and ate them slightly, why didn't she feel hungry you wonder?

The fight, the blood, everything from that day still haunted her mind.

"We only came as a request that, you turn Karasumori over to us, and we'll leave the students and you alone."

"Including this young, special young girl too"

"Help me, Yoshi..."

Lily screeched quietly and grabbed her mind and held her head tenderly and began crying, she begged and begged to let that just go away!

She lay in her bed, curled in a ball, after finishing her meal and just silently cried until she fell asleep.

~ ღ ~

"How long do you think she'll be like this?" Shuji asked his father-in-law, Gramps shrugged his shoulders, Shuji became worried. "Ever since that night, she hasn't been the same, even Yoshimori commented on her behavior."

Yoshimori walks in and stares at her, she looks up with tears in her eyes, she backs into the wall and held her head, the images flooding back into her mind. Yoshimori smiles and kneels in front of her, putting a hand on her head,

"Lily, look at me." Lily does so, seeing promise in his eyes. "I promise with all my being, I will protect you this time, you don't need to worry anymore."

Lily lightly smiled, he held out his hand and she gently touched it with hers. Yoshimori grabbed it and helped her up; she stood up and stumbled a little bit falling against his chest. Yoshimori lets out a chuckle and smiles.

"Come on, let's go get some fresh air," Yoshimori suggested, Lily nodded and he led her out because of her not walking properly, when they got outside, Lily squinted her eyes tightly because of the sun's rays blaring down on their bodies.

"Too bright, too bright!" Lily complained and covered her eyes; Yoshimori laughed at this and heard something over across the street, they walked over there and opened the door seeing someone moving in. Lily looked over too seeing this as well, a young girl walked out of the house. "Who is that?"

"I don't know, looks like someone new is coming to the neighborhood," Yoshimori pointed out, Lily nodded and they walked over there and the young girl with light short brown hair gazed over and her bright blue eyes shined brightly.

"Hello, I'm new here," The girl said with a huge grin, "My name is Blossom, what's yours."

"I'm Yoshimori and this here is Lily-Iris, we live across the street." Yoshimori replied with a smile.

"Pleasure," Lily bowed her way; Blossom did the same thing, "What made you move here to Karasumori?"

"Parents wanted to they say there's a good school here that will benefit my education as they put it." She laughed at this, Lily chuckled "I'm going to Karasumori Academy."

"That's where we go, when he goes when I'm not sick," 'Or being attacked by...'

"Ah, good thing we met now then, eh?" Blossom said Yoshimori nodded as he looked at his sister, seeing her holding in a cough. "Well, I better get back to un-packing, nice seeing you both."

"You too,"

With that, they walked off.

~ ღ ~

"It's good that you're back to normal, Iris." Shuji said,

Lily smiled his way, "I am sorry for worrying you father, it won't happen again."

Shuji smiled at his young girl and hugged her close, making sure that she knows that she will always be safe no matter what happens to her.